best soil mix ever?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Planted, Feb 25, 2009.

1. I was recently limited to only home depot supplies but i finaly found a local indoor gardening store and bought some bags of Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil. what would be the best stuff to mix into it and how much of it

2. I dont know how much to mix in but I see a lot people using things like blood meal, worm casting, bat guano, peat moss, perlite, vermiculite, worm meal (I think..) a lot in their soils. hope that helps =p

3. Perlite for definate, you need the soil to drain nicely, then you can add whatever you like. But you are better off keeping it simple for your first grow.
    If you add one change at a time, theres a good change you can undo that precise change if you see it effecting the plant in a bad way. There are a few threads here showing you what all you can add.
    Just remember not to buy soil with slow release nutrients.

4. #3 is correct with the perlite and some extra coconut coir, I rather use coir than Pete Moss, Pete tends to attract Fungus Knats if keep too moist. GooD LucK

5. thx for all the info . would 50% ffof soil and 50% perlite be good?

6. yes, that would do, but 30% would be sufficent

7. FF ocean forest already has plenty of nutrients in it, read the lable...in fact its enough to last 3 years. & its ph adjusted, so adding anything might void that.

People have been saying to add %20 perlite to the mix though, one good thing about that is it could be beneficial in many ways, one I can think of right off the top of my head would be a great filler, FF soil where I get it at is 25$ a bag, adding %20 perlite might add up to 2/3 more pots full.