Best soil for starting seeds?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by HEADDS, Aug 19, 2006.

1. I have 8 bagseed germinating in a wet paper towel right now. When the tails start to sprout what kinda soil should I put them in? I plan on running to the hydro shop and buying some fox farm organic soil but I dont have time/money right now and I need some suggestions until then.

2. well if you have around ten dollars, go to lowes and pick up some sta-green potting soil, works good with my grows

3. Get something without time-release fertilizers.

4. Many local independent garden centers will either carry different manufacturers' organic soil mixes (cheaper than Foxfarm) or even sell their own. Another option would be to get small bags of perlite, worm castings, sphagnum moss, lime, whatever and make your own and although you would still end up paying about $20 you would have 2-3 times the quantity for future use. Or just go the schultz, peters, mg (ducking fire) route - it is just a weed and will grow in anything to some extent. If you are really "dirt" poor (ha!) you can dig a hole in the yard and cook the dirt in the oven (not sure on temp/time but some research would turn up) and use that.