Best Soil For Seedlings?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by HipElettuce, Apr 12, 2007.

1. A couple of my seeds just popped, including 1 sour diesel i got from some that i bought that was amazing. Just wondering wat a good soil is to put young seedlings in, because i know its not supposed to have nutes in it for about 24 days or so, i think i read. They will be grown outdoors. Any suggestions or comments are welcome. Thanks.

2. You're right, avoid ferts and otherwise you can use any soil. What I do: I take some potting compost mixed with some soil frome where I intend to plant later on. I allways transplant at night because the plant metabolism is slower without light so less fragile.
    Have fun!

3. Just look for a soil that has a higher N (nitrogen) ratio to P and K such as 20-10-5. It will say it on the bag..

4. Don't listen to this guy, he clearly didn't read your post through....as you say it shouldnt have any traces of nutrients, just plain soil is good, but I prefer soil mixed with perlite, gardening sand (or just regular sand for that matter) and gravel sprinkled at the bottom which obviously helps water drainage

5. Also try to avoid soils with a lot of peat in them.

6. So um, just regular topsoils from kroger good enough? It's kinda barky with no peats.
    :smoking:

7. yea man thatd be fine