Best Soil For Growing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ASamsquanch, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Im just doing a single grow indoors im wondering whats the best soil to use and what size pots to use when vegging and flowering

Sent from my SM-N900T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. well that depends man. do you want to do organic, or traditional salt based fertilizer?

3. Happy Frog potting soil is a fire and forget soil. A seed to harvest or Soil for Dummies, LOL. It is a bit loose from what my friend tells me, he may end up throwing a bit of compost next time he grows. 

It has perlite already. May be pricey but you are looking for a quality product a good soil is a good start.

4. Promix is a safe bet, but you would have to add your own nutrients.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. i think the answer is to make your own organic mix. depending on how quickly you want to get your grow started, this may be the easiest/best option.

I used FF Ocean Forrest, and General Organics nutes. Ive had problems....most likely my fault. but it seems like an organic mix takes the user error out of applying bottled nutes, or salt based nutes like @[member="PlaidBee"] mentioned. If you do use bottled nutes....do some research on salt buildup from nutes. Pretty sure i went through that at some point through my problems.....and had never heard of it before someone mentioned it in one of my threads!ha...and ive done quite a bit of research imo.

6. Happy frog gave me excellent results, needs a shit load of perlite though.