best soil/fertilizer

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by high im hi, Apr 5, 2009.

1. for outside should o just use outdoor soil, miracle grow or some sort of store bought soil, or should o mix them both together.

also what the best fertilizer someone should use, spray whys.
    i also know cow shit and horse shit fertilize foods and vegetables. this may sound gross but should o use that to fertilize:confused:

2. also what water is best. tapped water or pond water.

3. I'm not sure, Maybe you could search it. I'm sure its been asked plenty of times before. As for water, distilled is the way to go if you can afford or make it yourself.

4. alright thanx

5. #5 Corto Malteze, Apr 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2009
    pond water is better than tap water. Outside, mj doesn't care for distilled water or pH issues. Just stealth sun water and some ferts (see stickies dude).

Here's a summary:

Outdoor organic mini guide (for stealth issues, spot choosing, watering, pests see GC stickies)

Dig a 2'x2'x2' hole (or 2x2x3’ wide). Add 1/2 shovel composted cow manure (mine has seaweed and chicken shit too), 1 cup bone meal, 1.5 cup blood meal at bottom. Mix at home. Let cook for 1-2 months with mulch on top.

Then, take off mulch (or not), add your less hot soil mix (no need to cook the following ingredients):

50% compost/top soil –buy at local nursery if you don’t have a compost heap-. Compost takes close to 1 year to be done. Doesn’t burn when bought or ready.

+ 20-30% worm castings (store or home made better): very important. Doesn’t burn.

+ 20-30% of a soilless medium like peat + perlite (drains)(or thick builder’s sand)/vermiculite (holds water). If it's at home, you don't need as much vermiculite (you'll be able to water). Mix the peat you’ve moistened beforehand with perlite and/or vermiculite (peat will dry out and die if not helped with combo, or watered regularly), esp. if guerilla growing. Peat is acidic so mix it with regular dirt and compost. Don’t use more than 20 % peat (or any) for seedlings (just use nursery compost, sand, reg dirt for example for seedlings).

+ 20-30 % native dirt (from outside: see loamy soil and/or sand and/or acidic humus –black dirt from under decayed trees). Don’t mix clay and peat: the mix will fall at bottom hole and kill plants if you use 50 clay 50 peat (don’t do this!). You can use the top soil from the hole you dig if it’s good.

+ Powdered dolomite lime (1 ounce per gallon of dirt). Don't mix lime and manures/meals. Mix lime with the rest to counter the acidity of the peat and humus (if you used any).

+ Add rock dust too if possible (good trace elements).

Plant your weed from the small pots/solo cups after 1month (about 1 foot tall). Add a fish with open guts 3 inches under the root ball. Cover with mulch.Water.

Watering with organic teas: once tea, three times plain water (see organics section for tea recipes). Twice in season add 1tsp epsom salts per gallon. Finish with mainly unsulphured blackstrap molasses (1-2 TBS per gallon) in last month.

Done.

6. thank you so much thats what i was looking for

7. oh gimme a friggin break, just go buy some miracle grow potting mix mixed with 10% vermaculite 10% perlite. And when u water add a lil fish emulsion. This guy is writing a novel not growin weed lol. When it starts to bud get Miracle gro bloom or Fox farm .

8. I would not use Marical Grow.

You may want to try Fox Farms ferts and soil. See how that works for you.

9. This is good advice if you want about 1/8oz per plant.

10. Obviously You havent grown with it. Fox farm is ok but to expensive. A good moto is dont knock it till ya tried it. I always get good yields with Miracle gro . Try 2 oz each plant you moron. lol

11. #11 5150, Sep 29, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2009

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Did you mean 2 oz per plant? Or 2 oz per cola?

Enough Said about that.

To the OP, Yah man if you have a grow shop in your area try some Fox Farms Ocean Forrest Soil mixed with about 20% perlite. Buy a Bottle of fox farms Grow Big. Check your ph when using FF. For a newbie grower it will put you in the right derection. Mirical grow has time released fert in it. You have no control over when to feed your plant. You can't flush your plant for the is time realeased ferts in your soil. If you do want to use MG do not get the crap with the ferts already in the soil.

I know FF cost more. But it is worth the 5$ more per. I also understand 5$ is a lot to some people.

12. OK So you stole a pic on the web lol just kiddin, nice plant. But Im talkin indoor grows and fox farm isnt handy where I live and miracle gro only really last about a month time release wise and you cant then add whatever fertilizeres you want and Ive never got fert burn, its pretty easy on plants. But yes, Get Fox Farm if you can. Nuff said. Peace out.

13. I like jacks classic I've used the fox farm lineup but I've did really well with jacks and I mix my own dirt I raise rabbits so I use there manure along with my own worm castings also use fish guts cause I fish a lot lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app.

14. i'd 2nd spanky. . . do your homework. . . use the resources you have!. . . read up on soil chemistry. . . do trials with the same variety and different fertilizer mixes. OWN your mix, whether MG is part of it or not (mine sure as hell doesn't). What is in fox farm? I tried to grow vegetable transplants with it once. They were stunted and lacking nitrogen. . . not saying it won't grow good weed. . . definitely saying many weed growers over fertilize nitrogen. If i had to guess, they put alfalfa meal in it. . . and alfalfa meal sucks as a N source.