Best shampoo for dry scalp?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Bluntzilla420, Mar 15, 2013.

1. My scalp is apparently pretty dry according to my barber. I don't have flakes/dandruff etc, it's just dry and that's not good. My friend said I should use Head & Shoulders...any other suggestions? (I currently use Garnier for shampoo and conditioner)

2. I use Head and Shoulders.Works great!

3. Organic coconut oil! None of these bs chemicals that will do more harm than good down the road.
    Also drink more water.

• Like Like x 2
  4. First, I'd do a scalp scrub to get rid of the dead flakes.

Then use jojoba oil and Shea butter to moisturize your hair and scalp.

I can tell you how to make a scrub for your scalp, but it would require raw sugar.

5. I use head and shoulders and it works well.

6. I don't even have flakes. I guess my scalp is just dying for nutrients. I've been using Head & Shoulders and it feels healthier, but I do want to check out this Tea Tree shit my barber friend suggested.

7. Tea trees really good, I mix it with my shampoo for my dreads.

8. Head and shoulders dry scalp care I had dandruff...not anymore

9. best shampoo is no shampoo at all, i quit shampoo when i realized its a generic ritual thing society leads us to think is normal.

I would say there's a 50% chance ur dry scalp is from using shampoo in the first place. it's just chemicals to make ur hair look temporarily nice.

if you quit shampoo, u have greasier hair for like 2 weeks, and after that your hair remains with its natural protective oil which makes it actually stay cleaner than with shampoo, from only rinsing water

That said, there definitely exists shampoo that can help a dry scalp. I'm pretty sure head and shoulders worked for me about 7 years ago when I had dry scalp and used it.

10. I use jojoba oil in my beard and like the product.

I tried "nopoo" for 6 months, google it.

11. Tea Tree rocks! Literally, a fucking Godsend.

It does EVERYTHING... except, ya know, internally. it's toxic.

Also, I only recommended the scrub so you could get rid of dead skin, that way when you moisturize it helps more of the healthy skin.

12. I tried this like two years ago and it fucking sucked.

My hair started to dread and I couldn't get rid of knots without using shampoo and conditioner. Everytime I'd go to brush it it would pull on my curls and make my hair super fucking frizzy and gross looking.

I get it, some people can do it. But when you have 16 inch long super curly hair it's not something that works very well.

13. i always thought dandruff was like grey and yellow massive flakes coming from the head but apparently it can be an abundance of small white flakes as well, which i used to have a while back. don't wash your hair with shampoo. it's entirely unnecessary

wash thoroughly without any shampoo and then apply conditioner every day. conditioner is a must with a dry scalp. it will eventually go away

14. I’d recommend the shampoo from Pro Naturals : Delirio-chica::pag

15. Oh I use Giovanni avocado and olive oil moisturizing shampoo as well as their conditioner mask. Shea butter has some good stuff too.

I also just bought some coconut whipped cream leave in conditioner by Renpure and that stuff is amazingggggg. No parabens chloride or dyes.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. I'll use Giovanni avocado and olive oil moisturizing shampoo.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Cleansing Conditioner works really well. It works out to be a lot less expensive than buying shampoo, conditioner, and hair treatments. Your hair and scalp will be a lot healthier. It doesn't strip the natural oils from your hair and scalp like shampoo does, and eliminates the need for a bunch of extra stuff to repair damage, fix problems, etc...

Whenever I get my haircut, the stylist asks me what I use because I have the softest, healthiest hair and scalp that they've seen. A lot of them are now using Cleansing Conditioner. lol

• Like Like x 1