Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best shampoo detox???

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by luv2smke, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Quick question. I have to take a drug test and instead of the old pee test I have to give a hair sample.

Has anyone ever used the detox shampoo's? and if so which one do you like?

About me: 25yo male, 3-4x a week smoker for the past year. Good shape, high metabolism.

Thanks for the help

2. i hear if u wash ur hair with fire

its get all the THC out

3. To my knoledge I do not know of any detox shampoo's. I hear that they can trace thc in hair for up to 10 years or something. :eek:

4. I've washed my hair before with fire and it hurt like hell. What happend to the ol' fashion pee test. I've worked as a medic and never got drug tested, let alone, hair test.

5. i was joking
    bleach it!

6. wouldnt that be obvious? :rolleyes:

7. yea..i tried dat..didnt work:p

i nvr heard of a shampoo that takes away the THC before o.0
    i just stick to herbal essense cuz they smell good

8. true , least you'll smell good as you fail OP .

9. Whats wrong with shaving your head?

10. #10 J-Pimp., Jan 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2009
  11. That's A LOT of work. I dont want to go bald! I'm going to buy a detox shampoo and see if it works....stay tuned

12. From where?

13. I've done some research and found ZYDOT shampoo is all over the web for THC detox

14. I lied in top post. I was looking at Toxin wash. www.toxinwash.com. It appears to be the best in cleaning you scalp and hair root. ZYDOT just 'masks' the thc and you will fail.

15. Did you take the test? How did the Toxin wash workout????

16. Hair is not a living organ, therefore there hair cannot clean itself from within. Even if u get the THC out of the exterior of your hair, it will still be on the inside of it. The only way to avoid it is to shave. Most people think that shaving your head will remove the traces of THC; that is also false. THC can be on any hair on your body, therefore you would have to shave all hair on your body. Although it is possible eye brows and eye lashes contain THC but they grow very slowly and it is unnecessary to shave those. But pubes, mustache, beard leg hair, whatever has all got to go inorder to pass a hair sample drug test. Sorry, its unavoidable unless you get cancer and do chemo, which is less pleasant than having THC in your hair.

17. I hope your aware that the THC is in the hair not on it. Washing isnt going to do much.

18. Thanks...just hoping for a small miracle.

19. This is true...they're testing the hair follicle.....many agencies are now switching from urine tests to hair follicle tests due to the accuracy...

How Does Hair Follicle Drug Testing Work?

Hair drug testing is actually quite simple and merely requires a sample of hair in order to be completed. Parents who are worried about their teen's use of drugs can collect a strand of hair from their pillow. Employers can request a sample from their employees. Once a hair sample has been collected, it is sealed in an envelope and sent to a participating laboratory for completion. Hair testing is fast and more accurate than other drug test forms.

For instance, hair sample drug testing can detect drug use for up to 90 days after use. The detection window is much larger in hair drug testing (compare it to few days for urine and saliva based drug testing) because trace amounts of drug chemicals become trapped inside each hair. A simple lab test can detect these trace chemicals making for either a positive or negative test result. Once the results are recorded, you are sent notification of the results. Some companies even provide a phone service where you call in, enter an account number and retrieve the results in that way.

What Kinds of Drugs Can Hair Drug Testing Detect?

Hair sample drug testing can detect all of the major types of drugs, including marijuana, opiates, methamphetamines, PCP, ecstasy, and cocaine. Hair follicle drug testing can detect the trace amounts of illicit substances trapped in the cortex of the hair for up to 90 days after use.

Employee drug testing programs often incorporate hair follicle drug testing into their plans because of the sheer accuracy of these tests. Even though hair testing is more expensive that a urine drug test kit, for example, they can provide a level of accuracy that is nearly ten times that of other testing methods. Likewise, hair follicle drug testing does not involve the embarrassing collection of samples like that of urine or saliva drug tests. In most cases, a few strands of hair is all that is needed to obtain accurate results

20. cut your hair REALLY low, if you smoked yesterday cut about one milimeter from the scalp. the way they do it is by testing your hair each milimeter for what chemicals are in it.