Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best remedy for insomnia

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by insomniasucks, Jul 22, 2012.

1. #1 insomniasucks, Jul 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2012
    Ive been up all night, suffering from psychophysiological insomnia. I'm really really exhausted and want to sleep tonight for like 12 hours.

Can somebody recommend me the most sedative remedy for insomnia? Whether it is a certain type of edible or hash.

I need something that will make my mind drift away. My mind is restless right now and it will not stop thinking. I am extremely tired..

I will mix it with a heavy dose of melatonin as well. I really need to sleep tonight. And should I try to find a xanax?

2. Anything CBD heavy, you'd be good to go. I don't know dispensary name brand edibles or anything but if it supposedly has a ton of CBD/CBN i think that's what puts you to sleep.

3. I already have a high CBD strain. I dont know, maybe I'm not smoking enough but I felt pretty dam high after. Still cannot sleep.

4. If weed doesnt work...well we cant mention completly legal prescription drugs so sorry, have fun.
    Sometimes if i cant sleep still after smoking a fair amoount, well...you know eat a candy bar*) or a benadryl

5. Some blue dream, gives you a nice dreamy relaxed high. Then once your coming down off of it, it leaves you sleepy as hell. Lol it'll put you out like a baby and put those thoughts to rest but make sure you smoke it outta a bong or bowl. Its much better and more effective that way

6. Im thinking of getting an indica edible

7. You're not vaping are you? If you vape, vape on high temperatures.

8. vaporizing works better as a functional high for me. i have mflb only though.

9. Apparently CBD/CBN vape range is way higher than thc. If you're using it for sleeping, you might wait til the vape is at a high temperature (burning off all of the thc instead of you inhaling it), and then JUST inhaling the cbd range stuff. Just a thought. Or make an edible yourself using your abv, that's a body high for sure.

10. Im afraid Im going to have to get high to the point where I have a bad headache to fall asleep

11. Have you tried a doctor? GC will give you 1000 opinions on weed but we're not really qualified or allowed to discuss anything else. You might want to try talking to a doc if cannabis is typically not working for you. Good luck, I hope for the best. Just don't want you giving yourself a migraine trying to make weed work hahah.

12. I havent been to a doctor yet since I dont have health insurance. My insomnia is on and off.

13. I'm not sure what else to suggest, honestly. With on and off insomnia, weed is the best thing for me. Making sure no tv/computer is in your room (the light fucks with your cycle) is a big thing too. Get that shit out of your room no matter how bored you think you'll get. It'll make a big difference even if you don't want to. I still ignore that rule sometimes, I'd rather be up all night and have my tv on and computer in front of me than sleep well. (sad, I know)
    Aside from that it seems like you're on the right track, try an indica edible. Otherwise you might check elsewhere on the internet, as all we can suggest here is weed, and you seem to have already tried that haha.

Good luck again, sorry about the health insurance thing. Maybe you know someone who's family member or something is a doctor? Or have a friend with health insurance go in and fake your symptoms or have them just ask nicely if the doctor is willing to suggest some things for your general case even though you're not able to visit him directly.

14. #14 Asthmatic, Jul 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2012
    It is possible to deplete Melatonin with high doses of MJ.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...zO22Cg&usg=AFQjCNHRqL78zPjSnSXEZ_FG0xDZIYaFcw

I did this last Sunday at home in my spare time eating Kief Chocolates by accident. Over dosing can be worse than under dosing if you're chronic like me.

If this is your problem eating Omega fats (Fish Oil, Flax Seed Oil, Hemp Seed Oil) can help take the edge off of it for you.

15. Smoke indica strains, If you can get orange kush that seem to help my insomnia alot.

Any indica will make you couch lock and sleepy. Dont take sativa or you wont go to sleep at all or you will and not even feel refreshed

16. What works better than the #1 "Rx med" for sleep - for my wife - is canna-caps HANDS DOWN (BadKittySmiles has a tutorial on here). She takes 5 of them a night (about 0.8 grams of bud equivalent). What with processing the medicine for about 6 hours at 220 F (to break down or degrade the THC into CBN), and combining it with coconut oil and lecithin (to aid in absorption or bioavailability), they work like the bomb for her. She gets a full night of sleep and doesn't even wake up to "pee" most nights. She SWEARS by them - and we're talking about someone who has used traditional Rx meds for sleep for at least a decade. Look up BKS' tutorial - it was a life-saver for my wife.

17. get some kkuuuusssshhhhhh and smoke till you cant anymore an hour before you hit the sack usually works for me

18. My mother-in-law also suffers from insomnia, compounded by pain from her fibromyalgia, and rarely gets a decent night of sleep. She knows about the medicine I'm growing and the capsules I make that my wife is taking. Well my wife finally talked her into trying some of the capsules to get a good night of sleep, gave her twelve, and told her to try maybe two of them. I should mention my wife takes five capsules a night (using 1 gram of flowers for every 6 capsules) for her to sleep well all night (but she has had years of taking "Rx sleep meds" under her belt and my mother-in-law just takes non-prescription stuff like allergy medicine). Well my mother-in-law informed us today that she took only ONE capsule (equivalent to 1/6 gram of flowers), fell asleep within 15 minutes, and slept for 8 hours straight (which she said she never, ever does). She actually slept late and said she feels great today. She told my wife that I may have missed my calling as a pharmacist (ha ha), but I told 'em it is the cannabis, not me. So there is another example of insomnia being defeated by cannabis. And the benefits of getting good sleep should not be discounted.