Best recommendations for LED lights?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by thebombhaha, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Hi guys. What LED light would you recommend for my 5' by 5' by 2m growing space? Looking do to upgrades to my setup before I run it.

Previously, I had used a t5 fluorescent for early veg. 1x1000w MH/HPS for late veg/flowering.

2. Well there’s this big thing about hlgs im thinking of getting one myself meant to better than hps but I don’t see it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. I plan on getting a spider farmer which is pre assembled and uses same samsung LEDs as the HLG lights. I think 2 or 3 SF 2000 would be great in a 5x5 or go with one SF 4000.

• Like Like x 2
  4. amazon.com/Spider-Farmer-SF-4000-Dimmable-Spectrum/dp/B07TXFR69M

Am I looking at the right one here? Are LEDs good for only veg, or do I have to buy a separate flowering light as well?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. im overwhelmed by cobs and boards with 1000.00 dollar price tags so i bought some screw in leds(100w replacement bulb that draws17w) and had WONDERFUL success with them, so i imagine if you were able to say put 5-10 light sockets onto a board you could rival ANYTHING big companies are offering for alot more investment. I mean look at this shabby setup but it kept 6 plant THRIVING!

International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. Lol. I wish I knew what you were even talking about because I have zero experience with QB's. This is my first time looking at LEDs. Their cost was what stopped me from buying them prior.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Really good lights I have the sf1000 it's a really good bargain light honest ...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  8. new age screw in leds are quite impressive in nwhat they are capable of.........they come in 5000k, 6000k 2500k i believe ...........you can mix and match your spectrums as you wish..............I apologize for being confusing

• Like Like x 2
  9. Full spectrum so for veg and flower

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. That’s not good advice or how it works at all. Good quality LEDs cost $$ plan on spending between $1-$2 per watt depending on how much assembly you want to do

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. funny cause i had a great experiance with these and have the journal to prove it. Despite what you may think, you shouldnt be telling other farmers they are wrong esp if they have experiances Just the opposite, i could throw a link here that would throw your opinion on its head but i dont come here to argue or tell folks they are wrong, everyone has their own way, if the op can use it great. If not it is what it is......canna comunity does not need morality police

12. I know lighting. It’s what I do. Those bulbs are not efficient. Yes you can grow a plant with them, but not a garden. It’s all about efficiency. The Samsung lm301h and LM301b diodes rule the roost at the moment. Nothing else is even close at 220 lumens per watt.

I know you think you did good with the cheap bulbs, but once you use an actual horticulture quality led light, you’ll know what I mean

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Lol

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ive been growing since 1992. you think what you want. Ive run into HUNDREDS of know it alls like you, shall i show this guy a thread at icmag that makes you look like a fool? SURE WHY NOT!
    International Cannagraphic Magazine Forums

read that thread op....tell me if this guy still sounds INFORMED lmao. Im done at this site!

15. 100's of folks doing with SILS what you claim cant be done ...........my gosh
    little under 2 yrs here with 9,800 posts.....you must be jack herer

16. I'll make an account soon and take a look lol.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Keep going. You can still make yourself look more foolish. I’ve run into hundreds of no nothing’s like you. Or dinosaurs that refuse to let go of their HPS.

We’ve been building and developing lights here for two years. Where have you been? Never seen you around before. But go ahead and post your little micro grows and be proud. Like I said, you can grow a plant with any light source. There’s a reason ALL major manufacturers use the Samsung horticulture LEDs in their designs.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Here is a rough example for you @thebombhaha

The 600 watt light I linked in our conversation uses the LM301b diodes at 220 lumens per watt.

Rough math here

220 lumens x 600 watts = 132,000 lumens

The lights this guy is referring to are 100 watt equivalent (13 watt actual) and they provide 1575 lumens.

132,000 / 1575 = 84

You would need 84 of those light bulbs and sockets to match the out put of that one light.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  19. Makes sense. These QB's are huge from what I'm seeing.

• Like Like x 2