Best pro marijuana state to live in (move to)

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by brotherrob, May 7, 2013.

1. I am going to be moving out of this God Forsaken red state (Arkansas) I would like opinions on the best pro MJ states to live in. Please include favorite things/worst things about the state. Example: Great outdoors state, great weather, bad drivers ect.

2. Alaska. it's been legal since 1975. Alaska is the only state in the United States where marijuana possession is legal. Possession of under one ounce of marijuana in one's home is legal; and possession of fewer than 25 plants is protected under Alaska's right to privacy.

3. Personal possession of up to four ounces of marijuana was first protected by the Alaska State Constitution in 1975. Several attempts to revise the law, both making it less stringent and more stringent, have failed, although NORML reports that the upshot has been a confusion over the penalties for possession of between 1-4 ounces and under 25 plants.

Medical use of marijuana in any amount has been legal in Alaska since 1999, although to be protected under the state law, patients must register and hold a current card identifying them as enrolled

4. ummm, Colorado and Washington are legal...

5. First, it's not legal. The only legal way to grow in AK is having a med card. The privacy law protects you from prosecution if you have 24 or less plants. They will still cut your plants down, just no charges.

The only states that are legal, by state law, are CO and Wash.

6. Alaska might be cool with smoking but what other reason would one want to move there for. I'd say Colorado, California or Washington. They are cannabis friendly and they seem like cool places to live as well.

7. cali for sure people get the med cards in about 15 minutes by telling the doc you have headaches and would like some medical marijuana

by far the most open place ive been to even if its legal in co and wa i doubt its as "accepted"

8. Best backcountry boarding in the US, fishing, hunting, anything outdoors really. I like it here, granted it's not for everyone.

9. get your.card and come.to_Oregon!!! best state in the country i.believe. no sales tax!!

10. Washington is nice it all depends on what your looking for. I prefer the Eastern side cost of living is ok $500-600 gets you a decent 1 bed room apartment in Spokane. There are plenty of smaller towns with populations of 5000 or less. There is no state income tax but we have a sales tax around 9%.

The four seasons add to life experiences. We do get snow and sometimes it piles up. I think we had 1 or 2 days below Zero last winter so that is a plus in my book. Summer is nice All these lakes and Marina's are full.

I enjoy fishing some of the smaller lakes most have public launches so a boat is helpful. Always 14'-16' aluminum boats on craigslist for 500-800 bucks. We have plenty of outdoor options in the cascades Volcanoes, Glaciers and maybe even BigFoot. Go catch a steelhead and you will want to comeback.

We have 3 college programs close by that offer some great action also Minor League Baseball,Arena Football and WHL Hockey. There is always some decent concerts also and the typical Monster Truck Shows(there is opera,theater and symphony too).

My dislike is where is the legal weed at!! But serious decent state find like minded people and you should be good.

Thats the best pitch I can give. Just a few of the many things to do.

11. Colorado dude. You can grow six plants.

12. #12 uddnejfe, May 8, 2013
    Last edited: May 8, 2013
    It's like this in many parts of washington too:hello:

The laws for legal marijuana are coming along nicely here also, no threats of a tax increase for mj like in CO

13. #13 uddnejfe, May 8, 2013
    Last edited: May 8, 2013
    Getting a MMJ card in WA is very easy, although more expensive 140-220 ish dollars for one, my friend recently called a MMJ center for insomnia, they said "we can't give you a card for that but.... if your insomnia gives you headaches then we can help you;)" he didnt even need med records as they have an onsite doctor. I think it cost a little more to use their doctor though. Hope everything goes well for you man.

not sure why I quoted you wuidd420, my bad

14. Thanks for the reply's. Oddly enough, Cali, Wa, Co, and Oregon were already my top 4 picks...I like warm sunny weather but I am still leaning towards Wa. Looks like a road trip is in order to check a few places out before I make a decision.

15. My vote is CO. I'll be moving there this fall. :hello:
    It's fucking beautiful.

16. It depends, if you are over 21 then co or Washington. My first pick would be Washington.

If your still under 21(but over 18) then go to cali or Oregon. Cali is my first pick.

I'm personally moving to cali in about a year. Good luck to you

17. If I were you OP I'd move to San Diego. Never been there but I heard its a really nice place to live and it's got perfect weather. Like 80 degrees no rain no humidity. Anywhere in call would be sweet.

18. Only state to be legal? Where the fuck have you been this year lol. I hate how people talk out of their asses and just give false information

California is where its at man. I moved here after living in new england my whole life, its so much better. Only thing that sucks is driving, way too many stoplights, way too many people, mad traffic. Thats pretty much all the bad. Theres a lot of homeless too but if you if ore them they arent an issue

The weather is unbeatable, and im pretty sure there isnt a state thats easier to get a medical card in than cali

19. Like others here say, Co & Wa are prime for what ur lookoing for. Being good states to live for a host of other reasons as well. Though in being more socially acceptable, Cali hands down. Be aware that though technically legal it's still being fought by die hard proponents of the old drug war stigma. Many locales have effectively squeezed availability into tight corners with the business communities saying, "Not in our back yard." The stigma still persists as so much of the visible activity having the image most mainstream types despise and see as dangerous if not problematic. Makes me wonder if at the end of alcohol prohibition if there was a similar stigma that held fast to the notion that anyone who consumed liquor was a disgusting drunk, period. My dad who lived through it insisted that bars and lounges were dark because those who drink are ashamed and want to hide, etc. Clearly left-over prohibition era rhetoric.

20. Colorado has better laws I live in Washington state and I think 502 is a joke. It's a. Great place to live if you don't mind the 8 month drizzle of rain.