Best possible nutrients for an indoor soil grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Bamther, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Why cal-mag and epsom salt? I thought epsom salt delivered the magnesium, as well as some sulpher. But isn't that the case with Cal-Mag as well? I use tap water, I think my plants are good with just epsom salts (you are right, definitely need epsom salts with FFOF)

2. You guys should mix your own organic soil and feed just water throughout. Maybe a few teas to replenish the microbes but that’s it. That’s the benefit of a soil grow, the diversity of the Rhizosphere, breaking down your organic amendments into readily usable nutrients for your girls.

If you like the bottled nutes, give hydro or passive hydro (coco, peat, Perlite) a shot. Hemp buckets are an easy way to get your feet wet, or drain to waste coco.

3. Oh, S2C, you know I'm already all over coco (from another thread). I've got what I have right now though, so I will finish that out and maybe my next grow I'll be consulting you quite a bit :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. I’m here to help man!! I just put this scrog together for my 15 gallon pots of supersoil I’ll be running this winter. 4 in my 4x4

71210E6E-A354-4B31-9B0A-41CB1B1A3C9E.jpeg 0633FADA-5295-4428-ACA6-C052EB0F7FE2.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  5. EXCELLENT! I look forward to that! After I experience SOG, I may want to revert back to larger and less plants, do you mind if I copy your design if I do that?

6. It’s free for all to use

7. What's up Vostok. Diggin deep but preparing for my next grow. Do you recommend using FFof during seedling stage?

8. Sure do but add the 25% perlite

as it also dilutes that hot expensive stuff

and no feeding for about a month

good luck

• Like Like x 1
  9. Right on bro!

10. Last question.

As you say no feeding for the first month, Will RO water alone be enough for the gal?

before I purchase the FF Liquid Nutrients trio package, Is this in you opinion exactly needed or do you have some substitutions? Will be grown in FFof soil 25% perlite per connoisseur recommendations.

11. I use “Mr B’s Green Trees” for my nutes. Couldn’t be any easier to use and gives great results. It’s an organic dry nutrients. I top dress once a week and PH my water to 6.7 and never have an issue. I use coco and usually water every day or every 2 days. Couldn’t be simpler.

12. I like this setup a lot! I think I will steal it, hehe.

• Like Like x 1
  13. IMO 4 weeks of just water is a bit much. I start introducing nutes after 2 weeks. And with RO you’ll want CalMag.

14. You can go RO water and add a pinch of Calmag each time

or better add you RO water but add a 1/4? or so of local tap water

this offers a lot of local minerals to your plant( a type of aclimatization?)

but in truth FFOF again is a hot soil if you intend to add further nutes

add more perlite

good luck

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Like Like x 1