best portable vaporizer?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by northnick, Jun 21, 2011.

1. title^^

don't have enough money for the volcano nor a place to put it, but a nice small portable one would be legit.

never had one before.. seems like a better way to smoke..

suggestions and prices????

2. Magic Flight Launch Box. Many people swear by it. I don't remember the cost but I know that it's good for what you're getting.

3. search, and check out the fuck combustion forums. There are several portable options, popular ones include the MFLB (magic flight launch box), iolite, and a few others. You can get lots of info on them both via search and FC.

4. Everyone is going to say magic Flight Launch Box.

5. #6 lwien, Jun 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2011
    ^^ There will also be those that come in here and say that the Iolite and the NO2 belong in that category, which I disagree with but others may have had some great experience with them.

Change "everyone is" to "most are" and I think you would be correct.

6. #7 Apple iJuice, Jun 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    But...did you not include the MFLB in your post? So...you did say it, as well as the other one.

7. Yup. Got me there. :eek:

Will correct. Thanks.

8. #9 kellizar, Jun 21, 2011
    Got it in one.

It's 100 for the whole kit (includes batteries and charger), and you will not be disappointed. I've literally hit it in the middle of a movie theater without anyone noticing. Quiet, effectively odorless, and lethal.

9. ^^ Price recently raised to 119.

10. #11 kellizar, Jun 21, 2011
    My bad. Still though, for imo the best truly portable vaporizer on the market, still a great price.

11. Look into the vapor genie too. 50-60$

12. I'm a iolite fan, strictly because of the stealthiness of it. The mflb, looks like you are smoking out of a small bowl.

13. mflb, solo

14. The Iolite makes a hissing sound. The LB is TOTALLY silent.
    The Iolite is 4 times the size of the LB. The LB can be hidden in the palm of your hand.
    The Iolite is constantly cooking your herb, therefore putting out more smell than the LB.

So in regards to stealthiness, the LaunchBox wins in that category.

15. E-Cig + THC tincture. It's the size of a cigarette, and you have all the advantages of a vape.

16. #17 Apple iJuice, Jun 21, 2011
    I saw a review for that on YouTube. Seems pretty sweet.

17. #18 420stonedpanda, Jun 21, 2011
    I had an MFLB, hated it and sold it after a few months, I know i'm a rarity but the MFLB was a total waste of money to me after the first week or so of owning it.

The Iolite is my favorite portable vape, love the milky hits you get off the stem (way nicer, in my opinion, than the bags on my volcano, purely out of the Iolite having a higher vapor to air ratio i'm assuming), it's got great portability and is so good for stealth, even though it's loud no one knows what it is, whereas with the MFLB you've got that seethrough screen so people can see you're 'burning' some sort of plant material, as well as a bit of a smell when you open it, whereas the Iolite looks like a walkie talkie. Even though it costs quite a lot, it's a totally worth while investment.

18. You forgot to mention sometimes it gets really fuckin hot too ;). I get it, the Iolite isn't for everyone.

I often throw mine into a 16oz coffee paper cup and then I can vape while walking anywhere. Another plus for the Iolite is you can totally start/operate it while wearing gloves. For skiers/snowboarders, that's pretty key.

Edit: If you like the Iolite, try the optimizer.

19. #20 Doughnut, Jun 21, 2011
    Wrong, I'm going to say Iolite.

I have one, its awesome, i admit the gas feed nipple leaks...But it gets me uber baked and is extremely efficient...Provides a decent amout of vapor...

And you dont look like you're trying to get high off a battery...

Saying that I do want a MFBL in my collection, theres one definate advantage...The fact that it doesnt make HISSSSSS HIIISSSSSSSSSS noises. Thats what stops me calling the iolite my favorite portable.