Best portable vaporizer?? In Feb. 2013

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by 13 degrees, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Portable vape pen for hash oil

Battery, $25
    http://www.myvaporstore.com/Joye_eGo_C_Twist_Variable_Voltage_1000mAh_Battery_p/ego-c-tstxl.htm

Atomizer, $25 for 2
    https://gentlemans.myshopify.com/collections/bestsellers/products/hash-oil-atomizer

Tip, $5
    https://gentlemans.myshopify.com/products/stainless-whistle-tip

Cone cover, $3 (optional)
    http://www.myvaporstore.com/Short_eGo_Cone_Cover_p/ego-covs.htm

Charger, $7
    http://www.myvaporstore.com/Joyetech_eGo_Rapid_USB_Charger_p/ego-char.htm

Its cool because with the gentlemans vape atomizer fits on the ego c twist battery you can change the voltage on the battery to make the smoke thinker. The 1000mAh battery will last all day. With all the options to control the vape it definatly beats all the vape pens for the price!

Price is $65+ shipping

2. I have run through quite a few portables, kept some, sold some. My current line up includes the Solo, Pax, and some of the Thermovape gear. I have had an INH004 and now waiting on the new INHxp to be sent to me in a couple of weeks.

So far I find I use the Pax most when out running around as it's the smallest, and easiest portable I have that, so far, has not let me down in performance as long as I keep it really clean.

INH was the next favorite in my collection, I found it was also very stealthy, a little longer than the pax, but still small enough to fit in a loose pocket. I like that you can pre-load the capsule(s) so changing the load on the go can be a little easier if you are preparred. It's also easy to reload a capsule if you only have the one. I found the INH gave me the most thorough extraction out of all my portable vapes (on the high setting) and I even re-vape lighter ABV with it in times of needing to conserve. I am looking forward to getting that new XP model.

next would then be the Solo. I find the solo to be a work horse, and it was my first portable vape. I like that you can plug it in and use it as a daily driver, or take it out and about with you. It does loose points on stealth, due to size and using glass stems makes it a bit more delicate, but it still holds it's own as a very nice portable unit.

Thermovape gear, it works, it takes a bit of a learning curve to get it down, but once I figured out the timing/airflow etc... I can get pretty decent vapor from both my T1 (3.7v) and my Evo (3.7v HP) so I keep them around as more of back up pieces, or if I want to take something along that is very sturdy, because these things are tanks that should hopefully be around for a long, long time.

I just ordered a vaporgenie ss coil, and found a used VG glass sherlock so those are heading my way right now. I will hopefully take to liking the flame vape so if we ever loose power, or whatever, I have a vape to use when all my battery gadgets get drained. Hoping that won't be any time soon... but it doesn't hurt to be prepared.

Needless to say, I have been fully converted to vaping, and do not want to have to go back to combustion if at all possible.

3. Great comparisons, jam. Well done.....

4. Couple of notes on stealth.

When comparing MFLB, Thermovape T1, and Pax:

Appearance: Pax wins hands-down. With the mouthpiece retracted it is almost impossible to tell what the Pax is (unless you already know). The T1 is second, mostly because it has an obvious mouthpiece. The MFLB is last. You can see the trench through the plexiglass, and if it contains material you can see that too! It looks somewhat like a homemade pipe.

Size: MFLB wins. The T1 unscrews in the middle and the two halves will fit neatly into a MFLB drawstring pouch, but overall it is slightly larger than the MFLB. The Pax comes in last. Overall it is larger than the T1, but not by much.

Speed: MFLB wins. Vapor production can start in as little as 3-5 seconds. T1 is second - takes anywhere from 10 to 25 seconds to start producing vapor. Pax is last. It takes 30 seconds at a minimum to heat. 45 seconds is probably more the average.

Smell: T1 wins. It is primarily a convection vape. At the end of a hit the user can release the power and draw all remaining vapor from the device, also cooling the material. Little to no smell is produced by the T1 itself. MFLB is second. You can also release the power at the end of a hit, draw any excess vapor out, and cool the material. It just seems to release more odor than the T1. Pax is dead last. It produces odor when heating up that can be quite strong. It continues to heat the load as long as the power is on, even if you're not drawing. This can release even more odor.

And one final note about travelling with portable vapes:

The T1 is the only vape that I know of (not counting the Cera) that can be completely disassembled and soaked in ISO or boiled in water (except the switch and batteries). You can get the T1 clean enough for airline travel with complete confidence. I would not recommend that with the Pax or MFLB.

5. I highly recommend the cloud oil vape attachment but for a less expensive hand vape, I'd recommend the discreet vape that looks like an asthma inhaler. It's from discreet vape dot com

6. I've seen so many bad reviews about the Puffit, I wouldn't recommend it...Just my two cents. :D

7. So it seems to me like the Inhalator thus far is the best choice for me.

I've never used a vape...I'm looking for portable, quick, easy...something that looks cool to friends and at parties but most importantly, somethiing I can carry discretely yet use minimal time and effort to maintain a nice high while I'm out running around. I'd also like to economize my Buds...ie get high with less weed.

It's $300 and that's fine.

Does the Inhalator sound like right Vape for me?

Oh, and do most head shops carry Inhalators? If anyone in the Tampa Bay region can chime in on this, I'd appreciate it.

Where do you guys get your Inhalators?

8. If you've got $300 to spend you might consider waiting for the DaVinci Ascent. Lots of "buzz" around that one.

Oh! Punny...

9. #89 Deadheadbill, Feb 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2013
    I'm in the Tampa Bay area, but I would suggest 2 things.

1. Order online, I think PlanetVape is their authorized seller. Same or better price than lhs and no muss no fuss delivery.

2. Wait for the XP to become readily available(it's backordered atm). From everything I have read, it is a major step up from the original Inh004.

-Bill

10. Nah.. i was looking for a device that could provide 10-25 draws from one bowl and also i was looking for a device that was known to be pretty stealth in terms of smell and looks. I did some research last year for about 3 months and found that the pax would be the best choice for me. I wouldve went with the solo, but its to effin big and i wanted a smaller device. Those are the reasons why i chose the pax.:hello:

11. Just checked out Planet Vape and they're closed from 2-12 through 2-25 for inventory.
    :(

12. Any opinions on the Iolite?

13. Worst vape I ever had.

14. I hear it sucks too, but i dislike it because of the buthane loading.

15. Well I drove up to the head shop and got the Solo today. And a carrying bag (Dime Bags). And a grinder.

It's 1 hour into the charge so I'll have roll one up for today...can't wait to use my Vape tonight!

What temp do you guys use for the Solo? How many "hits" do you typically get from the Solo? Do you have to turn it off in between draws to conserve your Bud? I've read the instructions and, of course, they mention nothing about these things.

16. Actually only took about an hour or so to charge. Just drew my first vapes and the high is incredible. Took 2 draws before I realized the resistance; then it was great.

17. #97 CHR0N1C, Feb 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2013
    still undecided between solo and inhalater xp

18. #98 lwien, Feb 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2013
  19. is planetvape the only site i can order the inhalater xp from? and i have to wait till after 2/25/13?

20. #100 dolphintnks, Apr 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2013
    I have been using the CeraVape for my essential oil and loose leaf. The essential oil is by far the best I have used. I like the loose leaf as well but tend to lean toward the essential oil since I can load it once and be good for days. This thing is so rad.
    [​IMG]

Here are some links:
    Facebook
    Youtube
    ThemoVape.com
    Google+