Best place to go in Michigan to get a card?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by bookoobluntz, Apr 22, 2010.

1. I'll start off with a little bit of background info...

I'm 22, had no insurance up until about a week ago (now I have Medicaid)....

About 3 1/2 months ago, I started waking up with severe headaches about once every 2-3 days, which eventually turned into waking up with a headache everyday.

Finally after 2 months of the headaches my girlfriend drug me to the ER. They did a CT scan and found what they thought was a severe sinus infection and possible bone loss at the base of my skull. Told me to follow up with an MRI in 2 weeks.

The very next day they call me and tell me it's life or death that I get in that day and get an MRI done..... After a 3 hour wait they send me home with no information other than "You won't die before Monday".

Monday comes around, I meet with a neurosurgeon that tells me what they found is called a Clivus Chordoma (basically a cancerous tumor in my sinus cavities).

He refers me to The University of Pittsburgh for surgery, and tells me they'll do the surgery without me having insurance... not the case... Now over a month later, I finally got approved for Medicaid. Now the ball is finally rolling and I can get surgery scheduled. After surgery I'll also have to go through proton based radiation for 2 months.

Now I'm hoping that since I'm going to have to go to Pittsburgh within the next month that I can make a stop somewhere in the lower peninsula and meet with a Dr. concerning getting a card. Seeing as I'm from the UP, and well there's nothing here. I know that having Medicaid won't cover me getting the card and I'm going to have to come out of pocket for it, and that's fine.

So basically I'm looking for Dr. recommendations, and any other advice anyone feels is relevant....

Thanks in advance!

2. I didn't know about that place in Marquette. Thank you! I shoulda known seeing as I kinda/sorta live in Ishpeming.

3. haha, yea I am living in Marquette right now. Too bad I just quit smoking weed.

4. I had quit for about 2 1/2 months before I found out about all this....

5. anybody else w/ a mmj card in michigan, what condition did you get it for?

Grasscity Deals Near You