Best place to get airstones?????

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by toktone, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Hey gc I was trying to find a descent place to purchase some airstones...but I don't just want one kind, so I'm trying to see if anyone knew a place /site where they have different varietys of airstones. I'm talking round ones disc shape sweetwater ect.... all input is much appreciate peace n pot

madd monkeys lab

2. I got mine from the local pet store, Pet smart. Same with the air pump and hose. It was way cheaper.

3. I use Eco circulating pumps and they have a attachment that allows you to put a small tube on it. It works better then those darn air stones. And they don't break! Check it out. At least when it's time to buy a new circulating pump keep in mind.

4. So how do I look it up ...u have a link???

madd monkeys lab

5. Go to your local WALMART...

don't waist the time ordering little crap like that online or paying top dollar at a pet store...

I went to walmart and they have 60 gallon air pumps with two outputs on them with valves for about 10 bucks a peice...the hose for over 20 feet or more was a couple dollars and each air stone is a buck or two a peice...plus the air stones they can be connected and chained together to provide more air release..

6. I always get them from there an they go out after a while cause they aren't made for hydroponics

madd monkeys lab

7. the ones i got are called aqua culture and they are for 60 gallon fish tanks...i can't say how long they last i never had a fish before but they are meant to run 24/h a day....if u want to get a nicer bigger air pump then cool but for most of the basic supplys walmart has a lot...plus distilled water...

8. U heard of sweetwater airstone

madd monkeys lab

9. I have not but those disc types are just over sized blue stones. You want fine bubbles as that is what adds the most oxygen molecules to the water that the plant can absorb. I have spent big bucks on glass airstones and will say for $5 for a 4 inch micro pore at the local pet store, you can't go wrong. :wave:

10. I will check out the pet store like u said... but do me a big An check out sweetwater airstones..an please tell me wat u think from wat u read and see peace n pot .... http://search.aquaticeco.com/index?D=airstone&Nty=1&N=0&Dk=0&Ntt=airstone...... ╰_╯KICK ROCKS

madd monkeys lab

11. I mean they look boss. Anything like that would kick the crap out of what wal-mart would sell.

12. U think it's worth a try

madd monkeys lab

13. I always air stones clog so I have switched to bare lines with t's and suction cups to hold the line down. And ordered a cheap water pump off ebay ($8) to start flooming. Should be more effective then the air pump.

Flooming For Aeration Water Turnover