Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best Pick Up Ever!!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by JBright, Nov 29, 2011.

1. #1 JBright, Nov 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2011
    Is the crystal suppose to look brownish? or is it just the leaf thats making it look brown alil and what do you think this look like high mids?

Dude gave me A little more then an OZ too.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. That looks like some dank outdoor bud. Outdoor bud tends to have a darker complexion and someone correct me if I'm wrong but brown crystals are more potent than cloudy. I've also heard that the browner you let em get the more potency it loses.

3. [quote name='"NWestblessed"']That looks like some dank outdoor bud. Outdoor bud tends to have a darker complexion and someone correct me if I'm wrong but brown crystals are more potent than cloudy. I've also heard that the browner you let em get the more potency it loses.[/quote]

There's 3 types of trics, clear, cloudy and amber. Don't quote me on this, but I think the longer the you let them grow the darker they turn. I've read more amber trics = more of an indica high.

4. That's exactly what I've heard from local longtime growers. I heard a guy on this site say that it loses potency though so

5. Nice pics :)

Amber trics are at the back end of peek "ripeness"
    It loses potency as they turn darker.
    When i grow my sativa i let it grow a little longer, harvesting when my trics are 50% cloudy and or about 20% amber. This gives it a solid cerebral effect with a body stone that is great for pain, and migraines. But it is a Couch Lock come down. Great for my insomnia.

6. So the more amber it turns the less potent it is but the quality of the high is changed to nighttime downer bud rather than morning upper bud

7. Lot of misinformation in this post. 50% + 20% = 70% so what color are the rest of the trichomes, blue? And no, just because the trichomes are darker does not mean less potency, that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. The color of the trichomes (amber, to white, to clear, to cloudy) means the type of high they give off, if you are looking for a sativa high you want lighter colored trichomes, if you want an indica high you want darker (amber) trichomes.

8. if you want a sativa type of high smoke a sativa strain, if you want an indica high smoke an indica strain. The trichomes mature starting with clear then cloudy, then amber. You can harvest ideally just as they are turning from cloudy to amber, but you may have certain preferences on the strain to get your desired effect. After that they start to turn darker amber more brown colored, and then it's just degrading in potency.

The difference between smoking the same phenotype of the same strain of slightly different cloudy:amber ratios is not that large of an effect, you will still primarily get the characteristics you'd expect.

9. damn nice, jealous as fuqq..