best phish song

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by deadhead, Mar 11, 2002.

1. Lizards

I said I come from a land of darkness
    I said I come from a land of doom
    I said I come from the land of Gamehenge
    From the land of the big baboon
    But I'm never never going back there
    and I could if I tried
    Because I come from the land of lizards
    and the lizards they have died.

Also YEM and Possum

• Weekapaug Groove is a classic jam.
    • Mike's Song has a great groove.
    • The Landlady
    • Backwards Down The Number Line is fast becoming a favorite.
    • Farmhouse (the album)
    • David Bowie
    • Carini
    • Punch You In The Eye
    Or pretty much any other PHISH tune. :smoking:

2. Hard to pick. I gotta say "Backwards down the number line" 11/28/09 was pretty amazing.

3. I love the mikes groove off live phish 16...one of my favorites

The moma dance from live in brooklyn is dope

A remarkable tweezer on live phish 8 as well

Great bass section on the free from SPAC 6-19-2010 (I was there)

I love Phish :smoking: :D

4. All gamehendge songs, and fluffhead if i had to choose a favorite. I am a fan of all their songs except a few of the new ones off party time. I saw them at Deer Creek and at Alpine Valley Pavilion seats every night. Unfortunately we got busted in Wisconsin on our way to Deer Creek but we bought a bong in lot and some Dumpster Diesels. I already have my tickets for Broomfield hope to see some of you Phans there.

5. Speaking of newer Phish...I really like the Joy album

6. yeah joy has some good songs with good potential, i think the boys are still working with em on stage trying perfect them and truly gives those songs there place

7. Quick Question, Why don't most people like Phish studio albums? I dig them in the studio just as much as on stage. Sure the live songs are way more groovy, but the studio versions hold their own treasures.

8. I believe this is because many Phish phans like the improvised jamming. I don't dislike studio tracks in fact the only true LivePhish i have on my iPhone is 8 but i also have the livephish app to stream my livephish downloads wherever i am without having to take up precious music space on my phone.

9. the studio is fine but the live is really were its at especially when you see them you are seeing new music created onstage every night that you and your vibes directly influence and the live recordings capture that essence so they are always great to listen to

here is a link were you can download almost every phish show its legal because some of them are audience recordings and the band allows their sbds before 2009 to be traded freely

Phish Downloads

so many good ones fall of 97 is probably some of there best

10. Yeah I really dig the live stuff. Sadly I've never seen them so I don't have the experience. I have all kinds of live Phish shows and really enjoy them. Sometimes the studio albums are where its at for me though.

11. yeah phish is where it's at

12. So hard to just choose only ONE song to name your favorite...gah :smoke: I know, always listen to it when I'm down or happy, always brightens the day no matter how bad or good it's been, love the song and it's name is Cavern...no wait I mean NICU! Man see that? Last minute change of mind while trying to name just ONE favorite song :eek: