best organic bloom boosters?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by burningbush93, Jul 15, 2012.

1. i havent been able to find any organic bloom boosters with good reviews. does anybody know of one that works really well or are most organic bloom boosters a waist of money? i would really apriciate anyones opinions on how well organic boosters you have tried work compared to others. is it better to just use a synthetic bloom booster?

2. You don't understand - ALL "Bloom Boosters" are a crock of shit. It is simply yet another way for the fertilizer companies to steal your money. The entire NPK thing is a crock of shit. The whole "N for Veg" and "P/K for Flower" is a crock of shit.

In an organic soil garden a diverse soil mix constructed of quality organics is ALL that is needed. Your plant and the soil life that helps to keep it lush, happy and healthy will decide what it needs at that stage of its life and when it needs it.

You want a quality "bloom booster"? Use kelp meal, quality compost, alfalfa meal, mineral dusts and neem meal. There are your bloom boosters.

J

3. And to heap on to what the J-meister suggested, I suggest that if you want to both increase the number of flowering sites on your plant AND you desire the flowering sites to be all they can be, ensure a proper vegetative period with carefully orchestrated training and an extremely healthy root system, you'll grow some monster budZ.

If you start with the living soil concept, use the ingredients suggested AND do as I suggested you'll be golden and you won't and shouldn't need to add anything to "increase budZ size". Focus instead on growing a healthy plant for four months in artificial conditions. Do that and the rest will take care of itself.

4. Dude, 2 exact threads in one day ...... where am I?

:hippie:

5. Thanks for the advice but i have taken good care of them throughout the vegitative phase and now want to give them a little extra boost. I know it wont evere come close to doubling my yields but if its a good bloom booster it should increase yield some. does anyone have some good suggestions for what works best for them.

6. Bloom boosters are snake oils. They slap a label on another bottle and people will rub it on their children if they think it does something

7. Here is a thread you might find interesting -

http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/336810-evaluating-n-p-k-numbers-organic-fertilizers.html

I've already hinted at this but go ahead and make yourself a tea using kelp and alfalfa meals.

Rethinking this a little, before you add the kelp/alfalfa tea to your flowering plants, make and apply an ACT (aerated compost tea) first. Apply this, wait 48 hours and then apply the kelp/alfalfa tea.

These 2 simple teas applied in succession will do far, far more for your blossoms than any "bloom booster in a bottle full of crap chemicals and painted with pretty pictures" ever will.

Jerry

8. It's a tough pill to swallow, but Jerry's completely right. Forget everything you learned in pot growing books and hydro shops. Resisting the urge to adjust pH on my first organic run nearly drove me crazy. Now I don't even know where that shit is.

About the only thing I buy from hydro stores is light bulbs and ProteKt.

9. What about the plant tissue comparative analysis of vegetative and flowering stage plants. While concentrations of nitrogen did increase it was a comparatively small margin compared to what was already present. The increase of phosphorus and potassium concentrations was more significant than nitrogen. While I agree that many bloom enhancers are a bunch of hocus pocus there is definitely a window during bloom when the plant consumes phosphorus at a much more rapid rate.

I am new to organics so I am really just wondering how you time this release of phosphorus by the soil. Would brewing a tea of high phosphorus containing guano provide a greater number of microbes that feed on phosphorus containing organic molecules than a high nitrogen source with lots of nitrogen consuming bacteria?

Attached Files:

10. #10 jerry111165, Jul 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2012
    I am really just wondering how you time this release of phosphorus by the soil.

That is the really cool thing about organics - or at least the methods that many of us here are using.

Diverse soil mixes are constructed to grow in with a wide array of elements and compounds in the amendments and composts that are added to the construction. Everything a plant needs to thrive is in the soil mix, from the elements to the microbes.

WE don't need to "time release" anything. The plant and the microbes that assist it do that for us - THEY know what they need and WHEN THEY NEED IT - much more than you or i thinking they need something. When they don't need something they won't take it and use it, a d when they do need something they will find it and use it.

That's the difference between using chemical hydroponic nutrients and gardening organically. It's a tremendously major difference. With hydroponics the plant needs to depend on US to be given WHAT WE THINk it needs and to give it to it when we think it needs it - and boy, are we imperfect. Just take a stroll thru the Hydro Forum and look at everybody screaming "What's wrong with my plants!!!" please - don't take offense, I'm just trying to make a point.

With organics we let the plant and our soil life do all the heavy lifting and make all of those (very important!) decisions for us. We don't need to use "veg nutes", or "flower nutes", or (ahem) "bloom boosters" - Everything our plants need to be super healthy and THRIVE is already in our soil mixes and the plants and microbes know what they need and when they need it.

It's not for everyone - I understand that; but for me - IT'S MAGIC. :)

J

• Like Like x 2
  11. [quote name='"jerry111165"']

Rethinking this a little, before you add the kelp/alfalfa tea to your flowering plants, make and apply an ACT (aerated compost tea) first. Apply this, wait 48 hours and then apply the kelp/alfalfa tea.

These 2 simple teas applied in succession will do far, far more for your blossoms than any "bloom booster in a bottle full of crap chemicals and painted with pretty pictures" ever will.

Jerry[/quote]

It's like the 2 step conversion program! I love it!

Boro

12. Lemme ask you folks this Q. I don't know if you vegetable garden or not, hopefully so. And, recall we're in this section of The City because we like a simplified approach to gardening. It fits well with our simple minds perhaps. Anyway, the Q:

How does one increase both the yield and the size of the fruit of the tomato plant?

If you know the answer to that question then the following Q will also be answered.

HINT: The answer appears on the first page of posts :)

13. jerry111165 so if what you say is true why would certain organic mixes work better than others. for instance why do people rant and rave about how good the recipe for super soil works compared to anyone at home who mixes up there own recipe with a variety of good ingredients. i understand and agree with what ur saying to a certain extent but you also halfto understand the way we grow marijuana is not the way the plant naturally grows we keep our females sexualy frustrated tricking them into creating more resin to catch the pollen from males and to make there buds get big and swell to its max potential instead of creating seeds so when it really comes down to it the plant knows what it needs to grow the way nature intended but in all honesty that is not what we r trying to acomplish. If we give the plant what it needs most and not much of what it doesnt it has no choice but to eat what we want it to. Also i do believe what u r saying works well to a certain extent and u can produce quality buds that way but u could allways improve the result no matter what methods u use.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ok...

What are your suggestions then?

• Like Like x 1
  15. [quote name='"burningbush93"']jerry111165 so if what you say is true why would certain organic mixes work better than others. for instance why do people rant and rave about how good the recipe for super soil works compared to anyone at home who mixes up there own recipe with a variety of good ingredients. i understand and agree with what ur saying to a certain extent but you also halfto understand the way we grow marijuana is not the way the plant naturally grows we keep our females sexualy frustrated tricking them into creating more resin to catch the pollen from males and to make there buds get big and swell to its max potential instead of creating seeds so when it really comes down to it the plant knows what it needs to grow the way nature intended but in all honesty that is not what we r trying to acomplish. If we give the plant what it needs most and not much of what it doesnt it has no choice but to eat what we want it to. Also i do believe what u r saying works well to a certain extent and u can produce quality buds that way but u could allways improve the result no matter what methods u use.[/quote]

He really is right, if you are set on using a bloom booster you could just google it and take your pic of snake oil.. Err i mean bloom booster :p

16. Personally I have found nutes to be extremely helpful and the answer to many of my grow room ph issues

As for bloom boosters I would recommend fox farms just because my tga strains respond extremely well and start dieing for it the 2nd week in flower

17. Some people believe in doing things for themselves. Some want to control what ingredients, the quality, the source, etc. Some say "if you want something right, do it yourself."

Some want the convenience of premixed soils. Some think premixed is better, somehow. Some think 'learning' about organics is too hard and look for the easy way in every aspect of their life.

'Resins' are actually a defense mechanism against environmental conditions. If anything, they inhibit pollination by trapping pollen and making it unavailable to the pistil.

A healthy, balanced, diverse soil will provide the plant with whatever nutrients the plant wants at any given time frame. The plant is in late flowering with no seeds, it will have the proper nutrition. The plant is in early flower and gets pollinated, it will have the proper nutrition.
    Think of your soil like a buffet for plants. It can eat what it wants/needs when it want/needs it, ideally. Think of bottle based growing as foie gras. Force feeding your plants what you think it needs when you think it needs it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. #18 burningbush93, Jul 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2012

what does the first part halfto do with some organic fert mixes working better than others?

Yes resin is a defense mechanism against heat uv rays pests etc. but it also helps catch pollen thats why none seeded bud is more potent and females are more potent than males if u don believe me look it up. I wouldnt of put it up if i wasnt sure it was true.

As i said i dont disagree with what jerry said i was basically asking a question. if plants only eat what they need when they need it why do some organic fert mixes work better than others and why do plants burn from eating to much?

19. Jerry if i want to try your method of fertilizeing(plants eat what they want when they need it) then could i just add equal amounts of everything in my soil and get just as good of results as adding more n for veg/ for p and k for flower etc?

20. [quote name='"burningbush93"']Jerry if i want to try your method of fertilizeing(plants eat what they want when they need it) then could i just add equal amounts of everything in my soil and get just as good of results as adding more n for veg/ for p and k for flower etc?[/quote]

Jerry explained it to me a little and basically once you mix your soil together you don't gotta worry about boosting the phosphorus for flower..just water and an occasional tea