Best of the Best

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Project ICE, Sep 1, 2012.

1. #1 Project ICE, Sep 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2012
    (Best does not define price.....it defines price/quality/quantity....)

(in your opinion) ...What is the....

Best soil?

Best Nutrient Line?

Best Strain?

Best Grow Bags?

Best Cloning Gel?

2. #3 jPinkham, Sep 2, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2012
    I'll chime in, imo best soil/nutrients are a quality made organic soil mix, doesn't get much easier then just giving your plant water...and better quality smoke

Edit also my favorite grow container is of course the ground ; p but if I do use containers I usually use smart pots

3. There is too many variables no way to say which way is best really. Thousand ways to do it with a thousand different strains etc.

4. That just blew my mind :eek:

5. Now if your asking personal opinions I'm sure you will get many of those. Mine is your own soil mix that you custom build with solid organic amendments and supplementing with teas and top dressing. Done and Done. Love my Sativas but always room for a good Indica especially before bed.

6. yeah im definatly getting smart pots....got any suggestions as far as size (gallons)....i dont want to grow taller than around 4 feet......5 feet at most

yeah im not into the whole tea thing

7. #8 mjmama25, Sep 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2012
    [quote name='"Project ICE"'](Best does not define price.....it defines price/quality/quantity....)

(in your opinion) ...What is the....

Best soil?

Best Nutrient Line?

Best Strain?

Best Grow Bags?

Best Cloning Gel?[/quote]

Beat Soil is Masters Pride Pro Organic from Masters Nursery, or Coast of Maine. The two companies are sister companies so to speak.

Best Nutrient line is Roots Organic. Easy as Fox Farm, same price, great results, and you can't beat organic buds.

Best strain...now that's a tough one. I'm a huge fan of any Diesel/OG crosses myself. My Purple Diesel has been pretty freakin amazing this season. It finishes flowering in record time indoors and out. Fast growing, great smell, flavor and high. Not too dense though. Last season I was really happy with my C99.

Best Grow Bags, well, I recommend two brands. Camo pots are amazing. My plants really love them and they're durable. Been using the same ones for a few grows now. The other brand I like is Dirtbags. They have handles. It's a toss up between whether you care more about camo design or handles for easy moving. If I was never going to move the plants, I prefer camo pots over anything else. And it wouldn't be difficult to add handles. That being said, I saw a brand with Velcro down the side for easy transplanting and I would like to try those. I have a hard time believing the Velcro will hold up over time though.

Cloning gel, I use clonex and am happy with it but I haven't tried many other brands. I don't like the Shultz Powder. I hope all this rambling helps.

8. [quote name='"RichardDean"']Now if your asking personal opinions I'm sure you will get many of those. Mine is your own soil mix that you custom build with solid organic amendments and supplementing with teas and top dressing. Done and Done. Love my Sativas but always room for a good Indica especially before bed.[/quote]

Richard, you and jpinkham are right about organic homemade soil an inground growing but I'm assuming they meant products you can buy so that's what my answer was based on.

9. Ive been hearing alot about them....next season im going to grow 6 plants....2 with fox farm, 2 with roots organic, and 2 with something else.....maybe the canna line (although its a bit expensive)

Yeah for me its a heads up between "smart pots" and "camo pots"

i havent used cloning gels yet ....but next season im going to do clones after the main season.....gonna do some hydro inside for a few months during the winter

Exactly ;)

And yes the rambling does help alot
    Thank you very much