best odor eliminator

Discussion in 'Security' started by redcavy, Aug 10, 2011.

1. #61 Meraxes, Sep 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2011
    danniem, you may have inconsistencies in your soil medium that have made hot spots created by the nutrient salts. they kind of clog up the tiny airways in your roots i believe. check out growfaq.net

2. thanks CCoastal i've done twice w/ no change.

3. thanks meraxes, i saw that the other day and a few sites suggested using peroxide... has anyone tried that?

4. look for clearex its made specifically to break the bond between the nutirents and soil which leeches out all the salts and build up so ur plants can take off again, also sledgehammer flush works well but its a general where clearex is made specifically for salt and nutrient build up

never used peroxide

5. according to growfaq.net it looks seems like there's too much (N) in the soil and that there's not enough air. Is the only way to get rid of nitrogen is flushing?

6. yeah basically the only way to get rid of buildup is to flush it all out

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ya know...I was browsing these forums and stumbled upon this thread. Much talk about Ozone generators. Although good for eliminating odors, and some small pests, it can also very discretely kill you in the process. If used correctly Ozone generators are great but if not, you could run it too long and not realize until it's too late that you've been breathing in harmful Ozone chemicals. They can cause shortness of breath, chest pains, lightheaded and dizziness and even worsen chronic respiratory ilnesses. I believe your standard Ozone generator will fill 3000 cubic feet in 10 minutes, so always make sure it is on a timer to maybe go on twice a day for 2-8 minutes and your room should be fine. It's still an unsafe practice to have one in your room however, by building false walls and creating an 'attic space' above and around your room and placing it in there should prevent any smell from escaping and any pest from entering.

8. Indeed, eyes burning is a big warning sign in an ozonated area. The best use of ozone for a full room I have seen is an inline ozone gen in the cooling ducts with a baffle box after it so the ozone mixes and takes care of odor more efficiently

9. yea the ozn jr seems the way to go. this rainbow bullshit has a DC plug anyway. Who needs the headache?

10. I read something that said ozone is not good for the plants...any idea why or if this is true?

11. [quote name='"Numbnutts"']

I read something that said ozone is not good for the plants...any idea why or if this is true?[/quote]

It's not good for them cuz ozone is toxic much like oxygen is, that's another reason many people go with an inline ozone generator and baffle box so the plants are not exposed to it, ozone burn looks like a bunch of yellow blisters on the leaves like over feeding but it only affects the areas closest to the generator, if u know u havent overfed but see the spots, back it up a couple feet

I stand by carbon filtration being the best odor eliminator, in my '4k organic flower room' thread there's one pic with my carbon filter stuck off to the side not hooked up

12. Yes, first off, CO2 DOES NOT work for mites or any other pest..If you pay attention, you'll notice CO2 has 2 atoms not 1. 1 would be carbon MONOxide, which is VERY deadly. Carbon DIOxide has 2 parts oxygen, this means that oxygen breathing animals, and pests will still be able to get sufficient O2 for breathing..Also, yes ozone is deadly. If you read my post however, you'll see where I said it's not healthy to be in the same room while it's running. That's why it has a warning sticker and a 60min. timer. I'm sorry but I've tried the whole "consumer" ionizer route (sharper image), which are safe to co-exist with. That's B/C they aren't worth a damn! If you really wanna control that skunk, the rainbow (not DC, AC power) or equivalent ionizer is the only ones that truly work.. I run mine 60mins a day and it totally clears it up!! Had ppl over for Christmas, and they couldn't smell a thing! All this, while I have a total of 9 fully matured females, coming out of the box this weekend! Amazing!!

13. I lived in several countries and grew while I was in Romania. I could not believe how prejudiced people were even in the younger crowds. I seriously lost a few friends over
    the fact that they heard I was smoking weed.
    The funny thing is about half of the people there are raging Alcoholics to the point that several of my friends parents died while I was there from accidents and health related
    issues related to drinking. Many of them were still young in there 40's and 50's.
    Its literally ok to drink yourself into an early grave but MJ is not ok nor MMJ.

14. It's amazing how psyched-out people are about weed use. I remember buying some rolling papers once & the guy behind me in line said that weed smokers are "weak". The guy had a beer & burgers gut so big he probably hasn't seen his penis in years.

Japan (& most of asia) is also like that. "Salary men" are encouraged to drink themselves into oblivion. It's a common sight to see them drunk on the commuter trains etc. Yet weed will get you busted HARD. I don't think they even smoke weed in japan...

15. I think I might go this route, but I am still trying to decide if ONA Pro will be just as good. That said, what exactly are you referring to up there? O2 and CO2 and O2 available for breathing? Ozone is also known as trioxygen (O3), which is a molecule consisting of three oxygen atoms that carries a net positive charge. This is not to be confused with regular oxygen, or O2, which only exists in our atmosphere in the diatomic (two atoms) form. CO2 is carbon dioxide, which among other things is a by-product of aerobic respiration (what we oxygen breathing organisms do) and is in no way a source of oxygen. In 1930 George L. Statakis successfully made it over Niagara Falls in an air tight capsule, but died before he could be freed from the capsule; he suffocated since he consumed all the available oxygen, leaving only CO2. Kind of crappy if you think about it....Anyway, I hope this helps with any confusion and thanks for the help! Happy growing!

16. When your nuts are burned so bad that they might be severed, you need to see a doc asap!

:poke:

17. In order to eliminate the odor, it's best to use eco-friendly cleaning products that is safe for nature and specially for your kids in the house.

Best Regards,