Best music to listen to while stoned

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by smokey mcpot3, Oct 14, 2008.

1. it is!!! PINK FLOYD, THE GRATEFUL DEAD, BIGGIE, Eminmen is fucking funny, BOB DYLAN, THE DOORS, DR DRE, LED ZEP, LIL WAYNE!

buy,download,steal their music. LISTEN TO THEM

what is your input

do you agree on such artists?

2. I usually listen to my rap on my ipod with my subs in my car, like Lil wayne, Eminem lil john etc. Ive also been listening to Kottonmouth Kingz/Kingspade lately but I dk if anyone else likes them. I Like listening to oasis' song champagne supernova since its so chill. BOB MARLEY? ummm idk Im sure ill t hink of others later

3. I never could get into Rap. Just too slow for me :p

Throw on some thrash metal though and its fuckin on!

Its hard not too feel like a badass when your blasting Devil Driver.

4. I like metal but really not a fan of devil driver.

Like things a bit faster and more hectic than that.

favourite bands have to be Carcass, Napalm Death, Brutal Truth, Decapitated and plenty others.

went to wacken earlier this year, good shit!

Also im in a death metal band and a modern grindy band if anyone cares.

5. Air, Beastie Boys, Swollen Members, CAKE, Zion I, the old Slipknot stuff, The Roots, Lil Wayne, De La Soul, Eyedea and Abilities, Out Hud, White Stripes, Atmosphere, El-P... to name a very select few. lol. Love trippin to good tunes :smoking:

Word.

6. when your high you have to try to stay high. listning to hyper shit aint going to trip you out as much as if you listen to something mellow and easy just to feel the hit while your eyes are shut.
    i recomend shit like deftones,a perfect circle,tool... then get a lil smile, the expendabels,sublime,get tripped with jazz. you just have to take it easy.

on the other hand if you in the mood to get hyped then all shall persih,gojira,meshuggah do it for me .

7. You do know what sativa is dont you? It gives you a more hyper high. And Deftones? They suck.

8. #9 potsandplans, Oct 17, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2008
    new stuff to name a few:

THE SURFIS

dr. dog

flaming lips

the pharcyde

dub side of the moon album by easy all stars (a reggae/dub cover of dark side of the moon.. is so sick)

blunted in the bomb shelter album (or anything madlib produces)

edit; also live album called Alive 2007 by daft punk

let your musical journey continue...

9. why

do

people

make

threads

this

10. Albums standouts:

Underworld - Dubnobaswithmyheadman
    Fluke - Risotto
    Prodigy - Music for the Jilted Generation
    Nas - Illmatic
    Hybrid - Wider Angle
    DJ Shadow - Endtroducing
    OutKast - ATLiens
    UGK - Ridin' Dirty
    J Dilla - Donuts
    Dr. Dre - The Chronic
    The Orb - U.F. Orb
    Mobb Deep - The Infamous
    The Notorious B.I.G. - Ready 2 Die
    Boards of Canada - Music Has the Right to Children

Song standouts:

UGK - "Whood Wheel"
    The Crystal Method - "Roll It Up"
    Orbital - "The Girl With the Sun in Her Head"

You won't be disappointed.

11. Lately I've found myself listening to Elton John a lot, his older stuff (70's) I can really appreciate while Stoned.

Crocodile Rock anybody? :D

Otherwise it's the usual; Pink Floyd, Cream, Radiohead, David Bowie, Jimi Hendrix, The Who, Lynyrd Skynyrd etc. etc.

-JC

12. I haven't listened to it while ripped yet, but I can imagine that 1983...(A merman I should turn to be) by Hendrix would sound amazing while high.

13. Elton John niggggga

Babababababenny and the jets jets jets jets

14. I'm pretty sure that's what he was thinking when he recorded it.

<-----I love that dude.

15. you mean trash metal?

its all about the bob marley and jimi hendrix. and maybe some tupac for traditional purposes lol. seriously, keep it slow and relax.

16. I've listened to the songs they play on WWE smackdown vs.Raw 2007. those metal or alternative songs(i dont truly know the genre). But those songs kinda get me hype sometimes.

But mostly the best shit to listen to high is some Jeezy,Boosie, T.I, and Weezy

17. my crew and i usually listen to death metal and go all crazy with it!

it's a pretty awesome trip

18. Monster Magnet, one of my favorite bands while stoned. Check out "Black Balloon", "Powertrip", and "Space Lord".

19. to the dude above me, monster magnet is the shit. i can play see you in hell on bass.

some good high music is rush, dream theater, between the buried and me, anything prog really. the technicality will make your head explode.