Best music for getting high?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by lumpmaroon, Apr 20, 2005.

?

Which music genre is the best for getting stoned?

1. Classic Rock

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Reggae

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Rap/Hip Hop

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Indie

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Intrumental

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Tribal Music

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Country

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. I started this thread so everyone can share their own opinions about the best music to listen to while stoned. Whether it be weed, salvia, or anything else, spread the knowledge.

Perosnally, while smoking weed i like listening to Bob Dylan and the Doors.

While smoking salvia divinorum i like to experiment w/ different musics, but whatever it is, it has to be mellow. I don't want a bad trip cuz of loud/startling music. My reccomendations for salvia music would definitely be Iron & Wine (chill, mellow band w/ music that hightens the senses) and Explosions in the Sky (instrumental band, perfect for salvia)

Let's hear what you have to say!!!!

2. how could metal not be listed? I listen to that while stoned, of course

3. I prefer jam bands... The Dead, Phish, Moe, etc.

4. Classic rock, is great to listen to when your high. Music is too complicated theese days.

5. yea i listen to mostly classic rock but i do listen to phish,o.a.r. and stuff like that to and not much rap but i love bone thugs

6. I like to listen to loads of different types of music. As many as possible. Reggae is always good for sitting in the sun and chilling with a joint. Bob Marley or Peter Tosh are obvious reccomendations.

Usually though, i like listening to lyricaly minded hip hop artists, no bullshit like 50 Cent or Ludacris. Immortal Technique, Jedi Mind Tricks and Psycho-Logical records (necro, non phixion and cage etc) all have excellant lyrics with some phat beats to accompany them. Or perhaps some slammin' drum and bass, distorted mindz, Andy C, and Mampi Swift, but i don't suppose their are many on here in the same boat as most stoners i talk to refer to drum and bass or happy hardcore as "noise" :( IMO anyone talented within any genre is good stoned music.

7. It depends on my mood. Sometimes I'm not feeling very energetic, and I just want to relax and let my stress melt away. That's when I put on the Pink Floyd. Other times, I feel energetic and just want to have some fun. Sublime to the rescue! And then, sometimes, I just feel like rocking out to something heavier. I probably like Disturbed best, but there are a ton of alternatives.

Korn, Linkin Park, Mudvayne, Nine Inch Nails, POD, Rammstein, Sevendust, Skindred, Smile Empty Soul, and Three Days Grace are some that I like to listen to all the time.

8. i agree :)

9. Depends on my mood, but classic.

10. Classic Rock
    Reggae
    Indie
    Intrumental
    Metal
    Punk

are all acceptable while high. :) You guys really need to listen to some Ani Difranco while high. Out of Habit is so worth the listen to introduce yourself to Ani. She is so fucking brilliant.

*this note does not imply that I agree with everything Ani stands for, but I can never deny talent that is so beautifully put into song.

11. Rap and hip hop

12. Pink Floyd and Zeppelin.... I always drift to sleep wile listiening to Floyd high and then dreams crazu stuff while I listien to the music in my sleep.

13. everyonce in a while ill be into some sublime.I always love listening to them.:hippie:

14. I'm all about some good classic rock or some jam bands.... Every so often I like something a little different and new though. You should try smoking and then listening to Incendio; trippy shit...:smoke:

15. >Classic Rock (Led Zep, The Doors, Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath, Kiss, Lynyrd Skynyrd...)
    >Metal (Opeth, Metallica, Quo Vadis, Slayer...)
    >Punk (NOFX, Sublime, The Riptides, Pennywise)

16. I like to listen to a lot of stuff. Lots of Primus and Oysterhead (anything with Les Claypool really), and sometimes Sublime, but I recently lost the only CD of theirs I woned... Recently, I've been listening to The Faint a lot. They are a great band, with a unique sound, and lyrics that make you think. They touch on me a personal level, for the way they write is similar to my style. Also, this is "our band" for my girlfriend and I, especially when blazed... Good stuff...

17. Reggae is the best to get high, but when I'm stone, I listen to something like Bob Dylan or some wacked-swedish-electro-fag-music...

Keep smokin':smoke: