Best Movie Idea I Have Ever Had....

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by JBrick2334, Apr 17, 2009.

1. #1 JBrick2334, Apr 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2009
    Ok so earlier today I was high and driving by myself and this little pearl came to me out of nowhere.

The movie follows the life of a glass pipe over the course of about 40 years from the early 70s to present day america.

It all starts with a 30 year old stoner guy who walks into a head shop in the early 70s and buys the coolest looking and hardest hitting one of a kind pipe. He keeps it through the entire 70s until the early 80s when he is running from the cops and it falls out of his pocket by some train tracks, where it stays for a few months until some teenagers find it while messing around one day walking.

It then follows one of these kids through his highschool graduation and into college. Then in the mid 80s it gets stolen by a young black kid who lives in the ghetto and sells weed to make money. He holds onto it for quite awhile until he finally sells it to some random European tourist girl. This girl takes it with her back to Europe where the pipe then travels all across Asia until it finally is bought in a small antiques store in Japan to the now old stoner who bought it in the first place. The pipe stays with him till the end of his days.

Throughout the movie all kinds of funny, dramatic, and deep things happen.

Idk, just an idea lol but I would go see it

Copy Righted April, 2009

2. lol from where?

I mean I was pretty high so its entirely possible that a movie like this has already been made. haha

3. i meant i was stealing it from you lol

4. oh haha

Is it any good though?

5. id watch it.

6. it sounds cool. but chances are itd get broken like halfway through

7. Ya dude I love this idea. 'Bout to mail it to myself and copyright it. JK

But ya if you develop the characters properly and write a kick ass screenplay, this could make for an awesome movie.

8. haha yeah thats very true, but movies are never perfectly realistic

9. That's an interesting idea, but it would never be able to be made into a screenplay (for a movie), because there is no conflict in the story.

It would make a damn good YouTube video though.

10. You just blew my mind.

11. Thats a really good idea.
    Only thing is I don't know how well it'd go with changing main characters every 30 minutes ya know? It might be kinda hard for people to get attached to one and then move onto another.

But thats a good ass idea. +rep

12. It would have more conflict than you can shake a stick at lol, all the conflicts of living in the hood, having an addiction, getting through high school and college, crazy travels and old age. Plenty of conflict could be made in this.

13. Yeah but what makes a movie a movie is its CENTRAL conflict, which generally involves the main character. For example: imagine if the piece had a little piece girlfriend that it wanted to get back to... but it can't because it's an inanimate object. But it can communicate to its owners through the weed smoke that it creates.

See, then the central conflict of the story is that it needs to get back to its piece lady friend, but it can only do so through its owners. Yes, I know the example I made up is extremely cheesy, but you get the idea. Every story needs a problem (established in the beginning of the story) and a solution (solved at the end of the story).

14. I see what you mean man, thanks for the constructive critisim. Ill think of some more shit for the movie tomorrow if I smoke lol

15. That's a good idea. Coming from a movie lover. I'd definitely watch it.

16. Like you said, it was the life of the PIPE, no need for main characters at all.

17. QFT.

The pipe is the main character

18. maybe tommy chong could play the old guy lol

19. afcourse the black kid stole it, jking man i would watch this movie. did you think of this while high?