Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best mmj state to live in?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by TurtleWeekend, Aug 4, 2011.

1. #101 spikester, Sep 19, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2011
    Shhhhh. Don't let the secret out. There's a reason JD changed his last name to Denver, wrote great songs like RMH. And above all, he settled in Colorado after having graduated high school in CA and going to college in TX.

2. Colorado baby. Denver, Boulder, Ned.

Making my move in one year.

-C

3. I really don't get what all the socal bashing is all about... Southern California is one of the greatest places on the planet to live. Sunshine all the time plus some of the dankest herb in the world... Admittedly expensive in particular regions, but still some of the hardest hitting around. If you are local, then you don't pay those prices (at least not all of us).... sorry for you out of towners, I really am.. If I had it my way, it wouldn't be like that.

If you live coastal then you get a Mediterranean climate which makes it ideal for growing citrus plus just about everything else.... lol, pot grows great here outdoors, and the outdoor season lasts longer than many other geographic locations. Our seasons tend to run late here, which of course buys all kinds of time. Likewise, if you decide to move indoors then you have access to so much sunlight that offsetting the cost of your grow with solar cells becomes completely feasible...

Did I mention the surf?

The rules in California regarding medical marijuana are open, a little too open but they allow for a fair amount of trade to occur. The state government is currently fighting back against the looseness of it all, but litigation is expensive and time consuming... Personally, I hope that we are the first to fully legalize the plant, but only time and the voters will have the last word on that.

4. Cali is a beautiful state but their economy is in the shitter right now. If they legalized mj they might have a shot at digging out of this hole but if you want to pop in somewhere and try to find work, I'd think Cali would be the worst place to be right now. Unless you're independently wealthy, then go for it :) Northern CA is where I'd go for sure.

5. oregons best is going to mmj patients for as little as 150 a sack. limit is six mamas and 18 babies. thats 24 plants and a lb and a half of finished smoke. you cant beat that anywhere!

6. 24 plants better get you more than 1.5 elbows my friend. :)

7. Yeah of course man but you know you cant have over 1.5 lbs under the law... gotta be legal these days :cool:

8. Which is why your excess goes to dispensaries. I can't imagine someone saying "damn, I ended up with two pounds, better flush the rest" :)

-C

9. I'm hoping to move to WA next year

10. You dont understand how mmj works my friend. Only licensed caregivers can grow plants for shops... he is only a patient from what he has told us. They can only provide for themselves and no one else... that's how it is here in MT however... but you know that is never the truth. Everyone with/without a card is getting "medical" here in Montana...

11. #111 thosevacanteyes, Sep 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2011
    I don't understand? In CO anyone who has a card is allowed to provide their own medicine... In Colorado, to be a caregiver, all someone has to do is basically write your name in as a caregiver...and assuming you are not a drug felon and you receive your red card, you can now provide care. Patients can easily become caregivers...

Edit: http://sensiblecolorado.org/mm/faqs/patients-and-caregivers/

I understand that he is not currently a caregiver, but that should not stop you from being able to rid yourself of excess...
    -C

12. the 24 only includes the 6 flowering. of those six production is kept under 1.5 lbs per chop. grow to 20 inches or less under a scrog net. your not gonna get 24 ozs per yeild. now however if you stick six outside, by the end of summer or fall you would be so far beond the legal if harvested at once, youd be taking it by the limb so as not to have too much dry on hand. for medical it actually takes planning and effort to manage clones and keep them under 12 in. tall or wide till the 6 mature plants are harvested.
    i find that minimizing the amt of h2o but increasing the frequency of watering will keep em down as well as only the cloning nutes and water. keeping the lights right down on them helps too so they dont stretch. also, i practice fim topping to spread the flowers and it does stunt the growth some, so that helps too, the transplant and new cuttings taken before put to flower will also slow them down a bit, as well as the fan leaf removal and brush out below the scrog. all of these practices used together will keep you under and yet plenty of meds. available. 4-5 harvests per year indoors. 10-12 ozs per harvest you can smoke an oz per week between harvests. any beyond that make edibles for my insides.

truth, its all good in oregon but you gotta play it safe and be content to have yours and not tempted to mess with the street crowds and idiots. growing w/in the bounds aint always easy, sometimes you sacrifice a number of plants or just tear em apart and re-start them as clones.

i just wanted to clarify that i grow for my needs alone. or id likely get them bigger and produce amazing amounts. sometimes i wonder if i can smoke fast enough to keep up with my sisterszzzz! -D-

13. Washington - "Senate Bill 6032, mandated the Department of Health to "adopt rules defining the quantity of marijuana that could reasonably be presumed to be a sixty-day supply for qualifying patients." In October 2008, the department finalized guidelines allowing patients to cultivate up to 15 cannabis plants and/or possess up to 24 ounces of usable marijuana. The new limits took effect on November 2, 2008."

The 15 plants doesn't matter if they are all budding. With the excess, I could make cannabutter. 24 ounces would last me personally like 5 years as I vape about a gram every 2 - 3 days lol.

14. see, now that seems reasonable! law allowing you to grow your needs w/o disruptive measures. very appropriate! -D-