Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best mmj state to live in?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by TurtleWeekend, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Nice man, that's awesome to have the ability to grow... anything. I wish i just had the place to grow my own... im thinking once i become legal (whenever that may be after the laws here change back... fingers crossed)

I just hope something good happens cause yeah im tired of this shIt
    This Federal Bullshit Has Got To Stop » Montana NORML Blog

2. #82 LurkMode7.62, Aug 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2011

3. I have to rep Portland and Oregon here. Plus the mmj community doesn't rob you for street prices here, at least what I've seen of it cause it's still 100% illegal to accept money in exchange for weed (although not illegal to pay for it to keep patients safe). :hello:

4. #84 angusbeef, Aug 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2011
    Washington has got to be one of the most taxed states in the nation its ridiculous here. They even make 10 dollars off every mushroom kit sold.

It cost 17 million a day to fund our "medicare" state funded trial run of Obamacare. Everything is taxed nearly 10 percent.. sales.

Our family is fortunate enough to own this cabin in the woods in which we must pay nearly $1000 per MONTH in TAX to keep. In fact, just this year the reassessed the value %350+. Make's perfect sense.
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

As far as for MMJ.. I obtained my car very easily and while the "45" plant rule may sound awesome growers beware if you are on the radar, registered, growing.. they can and do check up on you. I heard they will count each hanging branch as one tree which is udder bs.

I recommend Oregon.

5. That sucks. We just got a $400 tax check out of nowhere. We already filed and got our returns months ago, but they sent us this extra check saying we qualified for some other bonus. I really don't get it, but I'm not turning down free money. Plus sales tax just went down.

You'll love growing. Make sure you post a grow log for us.

6. Very pretty. I love the Redwoods.

7. All I have to say is anyone thinking of moving to one of these places, PLEASE KEEP IT GREEN. My biggest fear is everyone moving out to these preserved areas and having it look like New York in a few years. Please respect mother nature. Maybe plant some real trees with your MJ trees. Whatever you can to keep it looking like the pic above. Thanks blades.

8. I got friends in Oregon and when they come back to the OH they don't disappoint haha

9. #89 angusbeef, Aug 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2011
    Washington is truly a great place to live if you like the outdoors :).

Heres some my favorite spots.

Summit Mt Rainier
    [​IMG]

Little Naches River(several native trout species)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Skamania County
    Uploaded with Imageshack.us
    [​IMG]

Take a guess...
    [​IMG]

And for a history lesson of the day...lol entrance to an government Uranium Mine on Chinook pass. They built the bomb that changed the world 140 miles south west at the hanford site in richland. This could been the mine that started it all :|. Miners tale has it they dug for 5 miles strait back, before it L's for an unknown distance.

[​IMG]

Klipsan Station: Old Light House Crew mans quarters.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This place is too cool. Imagine the inside in like original antique sailor and coastal decor. The name plates are still on doors, maps, candles, glass, a bar stocked with very tens of years old liquor. It's the closet thing to a haunted house you could get also.
    [​IMG]

Central Cascade Range
    [​IMG]

When Mt St Helens erupted the fish in milk lake tripled in size
    [​IMG]

Kellen Moores Home Town
    [​IMG]

10. Well, with the lack of protection from job discrimination that plagues most MMJ states, I think I'll live with the pain for a few more years and get REAL active in the lobby here in NC.
    It'll be like when I was in the service, I can put up with pain and inconvenience to help others.
    I'm a true son of NC, my family has held the same land in eastern NC since 1723. I'm every bit as stubborn, mule-headed, and obstinate as the state legislators. Heck, I'm pretty sure Rep LaRoque knows my grandfather, and knows just how active the family gets over perceived legal injustices :)

11. Well, it makes sense that everything else is taxed heavily since there's no state income tax.

12. I'm probably going to move to either california or washington. Which do you consider better?

13. I live in WA I think its great. Im on the coast but also only 45 minutes to the Olympic Mountains. Jobs can be iffy (like everywhere) but if your good at what you do i dont think it matters much where you live. Olympia is a great place with a lot of liberal people. Pretty cheap too. MMJ scene is poppin also a bonus. Bellingham is awesome too. Its close to the Canadian border.

14. If I lived in washington it would have to be close to seattle. I'm trying to be a concept artist and graphic designer for video games. I know of a really awesome video game company in washington near seattle (they're hiring!) and there are a lot in california so that's why I'm asking.

15. I would say either Cali or Oregon would be the best places to go

Louisiana sucks for medical. They're overly harsh with the subject here.

16. You guys dont have medical marijuana haha, so you mean "Louisiana sucks for illegal cannabis"... you guys may get some medical imports though from Colorado, Cali, etc. but that doesn't mean it's legal ;)

17. Where you from homie? Billings MT represent over here man... check out my stash thread... only chron buds here under the Big Sky. I love this state... but i hate it's politicians.

18. I saw you mentioned graphic design. I spent about 10 months living in Portland, OR and there were no jobs. Unless you're amazingly talented. Seemed like there was more work in Seattle but it's really expensive to live there. I wish I had stuck it out in PDX though, I miss all the hills and the green.

Heh, if for some reason anyone has a job they could throw my way in PDX, then let me know. I wanna go back, I'm unemployed again after a good 4 month run at a freelance gig.

19. Colorado Rocky Mountain High!