Best method of trimming

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by mateer, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Hand trimming with a pair of pruners aside, what is the best method for trimming your harvest? I have seen bowl style auto trimmers, table style, and even electric shears. I'm sure there are others methods I do not know about, but what is the best alternative?

2. I find that a pair with short, skinny blades and a spring handle works best.

3. [​IMG] Just like that.

4. Yes I know. Alternatives to hand pruning is what I am after.

5. Sorry mate, I haven't prune so many that I needed a machine. Haven't heard of anything, really

6. I believe in the saying that if you cut back the undergrowth the tree will look larger. I see from your question that you tried shaving it all off and the folly of that particular stunt. it itched like crazy did not it. I have found that the best way to trim your pubes is with a small pair of sharp scissors.

7. Thanks, but again not exactly what I was looking for..

8. I have tried the bowl style machines with the crank on the top, cleaned up most of the fan leaf, but left a lot of crows feet. They also beat up the buds far to much for my liking.

9. I ABSOLUTELY hate auto trimmers, they mangle the shit out of the bud. They are messy as hell too, throwing shit all over the room(i don't care if they have a vaccuum attached, they still do) and they are loud. It leaves crows feet and sticks, and removes the nice crystally bracking.

Buck up and hand prune, you and your customer will be happier.
    [​IMG]
    These are the shit, they are tungsten blades(i believe) they dont gum up very easy, they are available in curved blades, wash off way easier than the others with rubbing alcohol, and they are great feeling on your hand.

Unless, your girls are for personal consumption or being given to ignorant people, I would avoid auto trimmers at all costs.

10. [quote name='"Carl Poot"'] Just like that.[/quote]

Get these. Spending 12$ on these will save you a lot of time and hand cramping especially if you have a good size harvest.

11. I concur. Fiskers microtips are the shit.....easy to get the tips into the buds to get at those pesky stalks, and the spring loaded action prevents fatigue. For a top-notch trim job, nothing beats em for me