Best method for starting autoflowering strains..

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Chimera Prod, Apr 6, 2009.

1. What do you guys think is the best way to start an auto ak grow? Indoors under a light for the first few weeks

OR

A mini greenhouse outdoors to protect against natures wrath like this one:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/25699600

And if it is better to start indoors what is a good cheap light to get? (Just for the first few weeks not anything too powerful).

Just want them to be strong enough to withstand the outdoors before I move them out into bigger pots.

2. im guessing you just plant like any other plant....get some good organic soil, use cfls and start indoors i would say. but thats just me

3. really? What kinda CFLs u think I should get just to get them through the first few weeks? If sum1 can link me to some cheap ones (enough for 5 dwarfs) that would be sick :smoke:

4. just the swirly cfl bulbs will work...get the higest watt one you can find. and get splitters so u can have 2 bulbs per socket.

5. how many watts should I look for? Im searching now but im not sure what the max is

6. i think 23 watts is the most highest one...or at least the highest one you can get at wal mart lol. im not too sure about on the internet. but ive been using the 23watt ones with no prob.

7. #7 Chimera Prod, Apr 6, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2009
    K thnx alot fyi! Would you happen 2 know the best temp to keep the babys in? Should I use a fan for my box?

And also what type of lamp do u put these in?

Guess I have some reading up 2 do dam noobs looking for quick answers
    :slaps self:

8. no prob man...im still a noob myself...just learning as i go along but GC definatly is a valuable resource.

as for the lamps anyones will do but i like the clip-on ones. they have em at home depot...and plants should be around 75*F and about 50% humidity...and yea a fan is a good idea. not to strong at first.

9. Im gonna be using my empty pc case to start them in would u recommend this? I still have fans in it so I can probly keep them on at all times as well.

Im going to be growing an autoflowering strain spec LR2XAK47 but you can still start these in cups and transplant them rite?