Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

best method for smoking in the dorm?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by acrosstheuniverse, Sep 22, 2013.

1. my RA is right across the hall and i know people blaze it because my hall literally always wreaks.. how can i do it while being inconspicuous? 

2. towel/door

invest in a smoke buddy,

invest in some blunt spray

only smoke out of pieces

maybe put a fan in ur window if u can.

3. #3 Ganja ☤, Sep 22, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2013
    there are thousands of threads asking this same question. Search is your friend. Get a cardboard paper towel roll. Stuff like 5 dryer sheets in it. Only use pipes or one hitters. Open your window. Light up, inhale, exhale threw the paper towel roll out the window. After done toking febreeeeezyyy. Don't get caught. I don't condone this. Remember since you are on a colleges campus, all charges and fines that you may get if you are caught, are automatically multiplied substantially, just because your on a college campus. Not to mention the possibility of being kicked outa your school. Enjoy. :smoke:

4. Get a vape, or go outside.
    Tired of threads about kids getting caught for doing dumb shit and then em they want advice.
    Here's your advice. Vape or outside.
    All it takes is the wrong person smelling it or for the RA to be in a pissy mood one day.

5. Do it when you have a hot shower running a couple hits from a pipe and a sploof will cover ya,, But keep in mind the consequences, is a high worth all the money and time invested in your education?

6. Dont smoke in your dorm.

7. I've done it in my dorm quite a bit there's a smart way and a dumb way to do it though get the paper towel roll with the dryer sheets in there, a towl under the door, window open, some spray or whatevs to alter the smell of the room. I only do it like really late at night though when it shouldn't be too active. Then when i whip up munchies like pizza rolls those smell too so by time i eating the smell should be gone.

8. Well, honestly you got pretty unlucky living right across from the RA. Even if you're really careful, at some point it's inevitable that you'll mess up and some of the smell will get into the hallway. If your school/your RA is strict, you're almost certain to get busted eventually. So my best recommendation would be to find a secure smoke spot outside. Then you don't have to worry.

But, if you're dead set on trying to smoke in your dorm room, here's a few tips.

-Either light candles or use incense regularly. That way if your RA says, "I smell something burning?" you can just say oh it's probably my candle. Won't always work, but it's good security for a worst case scenario.

-Store your bud and your piece in a mason jar, and keep that somewhere out of sight. Eliminates smell. Also, this should go without saying, but don't smoke blunts or joints indoors. I think a small pipe works best.

-You'll want to invest in one of those small fans. When you smoke, wedge the fan in your open window (blowing out, obviously), then use a pillow to block off the rest of the open space. So your window's open, the fan is stuck in there, and your pillow is crammed into the rest of the window. The only airflow is going out. Light up, and then exhale into the fan so the smoke and smell is immediately shoot outside. Blocking the rest of the window with the pillow is important, because you want to prevent air from getting in while you're trying to blow it out the window. That will spread the smoke around and possibly into the hallway.

-Always towel the bottom of your door

-Worst case scenario, if you get a knock on the door from your RA while you're smoking, don't answer. Pretend you're not there. A lot of the time they can't tell exactly where the smell is coming from, so they ask everyone in the area. It doesn't necessarily mean they know it's you, and if you don't answer then that gives you an alibi. "I was at the library all day, I don't know what you're talking about."

9. #9 Ganja ☤, Sep 22, 2013
    [quote name="blue_eyes" post="18721337" timestamp="1379877141"]-Worst case scenario, if you get a knock on the door from your RA while you're smoking, don't answer. Pretend you're not there. A lot of the time they can't tell exactly where the smell is coming from, so they ask everyone in the area. It doesn't necessarily mean they know it's you, and if you don't answer then that gives you an alibi. "I was at the library all day, I don't know what you're talking about."[/quote]Idk dude. I had 2 friends that lived in completely different dorms that got caught. The RA's won't just shrug there shoulders and walk away. They have the right to open your door and walk in. Most RA's have keys readily available to the dorms they are responsible for. One of my friends, the RA just unlocked the door and walked in on him smoking. Another one of my friends, the RA called campus PD because she wasn't sure which room it was in. and they brought in a drug dog sniffing threw the hall ways, resulting in him getting caught. Along with a couple other people down the hall from him. If I was in the OP's shoes, I'd play it safe. Go hott box a friends car somewhere off campus. Cuz man both my friends that got caught on campus are totally screwed. They got kicked outa the school and can't get accepted to any other schools, not even our community college. And they both had fines around $1,000. OP, better safe then sorry.

Shit, really? I suppose it differs a lot depending on what school you go to. That would never happen where I go.

OP, I would ask around about your school's weed policy. Usually you can find someone who's been caught, and ask them about what happened. If the stakes are that high, I agree, that's a dumb risk to take. Definitely just go outside if the RA has keys to your room and will search.

11. #11 Ganja ☤, Sep 22, 2013
    [quote name="blue_eyes" post="18721426" timestamp="1379878200"]Shit, really? I suppose it differs a lot depending on what school you go to. That would never happen where I go_OP, I would ask around about your school's weed policy. Usually you can find someone who's been caught, and ask them about what happened. If the stakes are that high, I agree, that's a dumb risk to take. Definitely just go outside if the RA has keys to your room and will search.[/quote]Paraphernalia charges, possession charges, fines for the simple fact that you're smoking inside a dorm, charges for bringing illegal drugs onto a state funded university (assuming you go to a university or state university). Fines add up.And that doesn't even cover the possibility of having to be bailed out of jail, lawyers, and possible probationary fees.

12. i recommend using the smoke buddy and all of that but also buy this fan that has two fans built into it and turn it to out it will make it so you wont see the smoke when it goes out the window 

13. Vape in your dorm, I do it all the time. Go outside to smoke.

14. i just hold it in (ghost) the smoke, you should do the same.

15. Im currently in college and we smoke in the dorm all the time. what we do is put a towel by the door and smoke a piece underneath a blanket (make sure the blanket is completed tucked under so no air gets in) and then breathe into a sploof. works well if youre just trying to smoke a quick bowl. once you get out of the blanket spray some strong stuff to get rid of any of the remainding smell. its honestly impossible for us to get caught unless someone was to walk in

16. decided to drop 80 bucks and buy a shitty vape. works well and i get high with little to no smell with sploof and hot shower running. thanks for the tips i had buddies walk by to see if it smelled and they said there was no smell so i am confident yet still cautious 

17. Good deal bro, just always play it on the safe side. The more stoners in jail the less stoners to vote for legalization. :smoke:

18. I hope this isn't advice, this is stupid as hell

19. Pickup a MFLB off Ebay for 75 bucks and you get a free grinder and 80% sure its free shipping. 

20. I'm at a MO university, been living and smoking in my dorm room for years ad haven't had a problem, but that being said it does restrict how you smoke. I put a damp towel at the base of my door, hit a bat, kill it, exhale everything Into a smoke bud, get stoned, spray febreze for peace of mind or brew up some coffee!