Best metal bands?

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by ShawnRedeye, May 3, 2011.

1. Let's hear some of the best metal bands out there.

2. MASTODON, AGALLOCH, BARONESS, NILE, WATAIN, A STORM OF LIGHT, TODAY IS THE DAY, WOLVES IN THE THRONE ROOM, VALIENT THORR, SLEEP, HIGH ON FIRE, OPETH, ALTAR OF PLAGUES, CANNIBAL CORPSE, BLACK TUSK, KVELERTAK, KORPIKLAANI, AHAB, NEUROSIS, BLOODBATH, CYNIC, GIANT SQUID, KYLESA! i could literally go on for days but i think i'll stop here.

3. My personal favourite is Darkthrone. Soulside Journey, A Blaze in the Northern Sky, and Transylvanian Hunger are by far my favourite releases from them, but all of their albums are pretty good save for Goatlord which was kind of a bust. Even their demo tapes, aside from shoddy production, are top notch. The one thing that surprises me though is they have been around for nearly twenty years and have yet to play a single show.

4. nice to see another stoner who's a big black metal fan. i'm more into the american atmospheric groups but you cant be into black metal and not like darkthrone. \m/

5. Listen to this man.

6. Check out my band March Of Doom on YouTube. Just search sonotpsyched march of doom. It's a vid from two years ago. But we've improved.
    Oh and the best metal band. Hands down pantera.

7. Slayer all the way
    :metal:

8. #9 Toki420, May 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Gotta love that thrash!

9. Megadeth. Slayer. Dimmu Borgir. Samael. Meshugga. Rammstein.

10. #11 ZedLeppelin, May 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2011
    THRASHTHRASHTHRASH FUCK YEAH!

As for good metal bands, some that I listen to are :

Asking Alexandria
    Parkway Drive
    Iron Maiden
    August Burns Red
    Slayer
    Anthrax
    Megadeth
    Bolt Thrower
    Brocas Helm
    Ensiferum
    Rage Against The Machine
    Ursa Wrecks (Local band, gotta support them and all that)
    Black Sabbath
    Attack Attack!

Many more, too lazy to write more though. Just got into metalcore a few weeks ago, that's why those d00ds are up there.

EDIT: Didn't realize it was best metal bands, those are some of the ones I listen to most frequently at the moment. :smoke:

11. some really good bands in here, giant squid is deffinetly one of the best metal bands ive heard.