Best Medium/Method For Small Grow Space

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Fari Warrior, Oct 26, 2014.

1. Bless, as the title says I just wanna know what is a good medium/method for a small grow space. The space in question is 4ft L x 2.5ft W x 5ft H. So far I've given serious consideration to DWc specifically 3 66QT totes (approx 18gal) with 3 plants a piece and a scrog net.

2. If you've got that in your head, and done some research, you're probably good to go with your plan. Medium is all about preference in what kind of maintenance and upkeep you want to spend on your plants.... Organic soil has a mid -sized investment to start, but it's reusable with near- maximum nutrient content, no PH management issues, no nute burn... No costs for air pumps/nutes outside of initial investment (if you don't have your own stuff to source) no sound stealth issues besides maybe ventilation.

Hydro can get you some pretty big herb in small spaces, because of root space/oxygen, gotta keep a close eye on ph/ppm to keep your girls from going south quickly when something is off...

Go with what you think you have the best grip on, maybe switch it up later on if you feel like something is a big hassle.

Good luck!

3. Thanks fam....I've done lots of research actually I'm just the type that keeps trying to learn more n better ways of doing things...this is my 2nd time doin indoor but the 1st serious op...1st time was just out of the novelty of the idea and didnt get to finish due to circumstances beyond my control

• Like Like x 1
  4. I run ffhf soil in three plants, 5 gallon buckets, scrog in a space about that size...

What kinda light are you using?

5. I would do a scrog with lots of LST and topping, that's what I'm doing in my 4x4 soil less this run because I ran out of height during flowering last time.

6. I'm doing a SOG in 16 OZ solo cups that are Hempy buckets. Been running AN sensi pH perfect, and honestly now I don't even need a pH pen, my 10L jug lasts about 5-7 days and stays at 5.8 the whole time, no pH drops needed. With additives I'm at about 1200 PPM, no deficiency or nutes burn on 20 plants so far, even when given full strength nutes at 14 days since sprout

Sent from my Spaceship using the GrassCity App.