Best Medical Strain seeds?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by Fordfanatic01, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Well considering this is my first post wasn't too sure if this was the right place to post this but here it goes...

I have decided to start growing, I just got my medi card (today) and was wondering what your top medical strains are, and how easy are they to grow? What made you like them so much? you know...

I have only picked up from 2 people since i was 16 and they always have the same stuff each time (purple kush, and chronic?) sometimes i get treated by friends with white widow and so forth but i wanted to get some good opinions on whats out there and so forth. Not looking for huge yields, but you know if i could grow 2-3 plants and walk away with a few oz. i would be happy. I shall be checking out more of the grow journals, and so forth so i know what I'm getting myself into.

Thanks for the opinions
    Fordfanatic

2. Ford - it is as simple or as complicated as you want to make it. It is a weed and most strains are forgiving. If you get in a jam you can always turn here. I started out thinking that I was going to grow on a budget... but it kind of went out the window a long time ago. I am somewhere in the range of $350 now in total expenses and it has almost turned hobby. It really is a lot of fun to do.

As for starting out, I would recommend you do the following: 1st start some good bag seeds from a friend at least til you are able to sustain the plant for a couple weeks and get the hang of germination, simple watering, etc. It seems easy (and it is) but just a little practice goes a real long way. I am into my 22nd day of growth and have learned more then all the guides I've read or could put together. It would be like trying to write a guide for how to ride a bike for the first time.

Start small! Get some good bag seeds and use 1-2 desk lamps. Go to Walmart and pickup a two pack of 26W 6500K CFL bulbs for around $6 total. This will be enough to start 4 seeds. Also pickup one of their indoor timers (they won't be more then $8-10). Thats all you need. Pick out a corner or a closet and start things up! Of course you'll need potting soil and Solo cups (party cups). I even bought myself a small bag of seed starter for $3 (will last you for ever!). Thats all you need to get started. A total investment of less then $20!

After getting a handle on things... I would check out www.seedboutique.com They have some awesome prices on Nirvana seeds and others with only $5 shipping to the US and they give you 5 free seeds just for ordering! Blue Mystic is a popular choice from Nirvana and is one of their top sellers. It is an awesome indoor choice and is a blend of Sativa/Indica and has genetics from Blueberry and others. It is a "White-Strain" so you will get white crystals all over it! Many growers report a very berry taste and smell with shades of blue throughout the bud. It is rated as a High Producer and has very low odor (perfect for indoor growth). This was an easy choice for myself. I got 6 free seeds along with my order: Original Haze x Skunk #1. Total cost: ~$30! In my hands 6 days after ordering (4 business days).

Many people claim that Nirvana rips off other breaders seeds, crosses them and resells them for cheap. Others say that they are not the quality beans as many other higher end breeders. Personally though, I truly wonder what the difference is of a $20 seed breeder and a $200 seed breeder? Come on now... no one invested the marijuana plant. Many breeders copy each other seeds and make their own versions. And if you look at the pictures from growers on here that have used Nirvana seeds vs. other bean brands... there isn't much difference. I have seen some incredible Nirvana buds on here. Hell, I have seen bag seeds (seeds from the street) come out as good or better then some online strains. Just keep in mind that no one regulates the MJ seed industry and anyone can call their strain what they want and sell it as whatever.

One breed I am very interested in for my next grow cycle is a breed known as Joey Weeds. His C99 (which he is currently out of) is considered by many to be the holy grail of marijuana. It truly has the absolute best qualities of all strains. They also offer it crossed with several other quality strains (blueberry, white widow, etc). He also lets you know where his seed genetics come from (the expensive breeders!) and discloses everything. His seeds can be purchased for $50. Quiet a buy for quality genetics.

Good luck!