Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best medical Marijuana cities

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by inneedforweed, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Hi I'm from Hattiesburg, Mississippi and I was looking for some ideas on the best medical marijuana cities available. My wife has glaucoma and we both would benefit from living in an Medical State. I am a student at 44 after a automobile accident and my wife no longer works due to her glaucoma so we are looking for something safe and affordable where we can use legally and grow as well. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I had this thread in General discussion but figured it would be better here. Sorry for the Double thread.

2. well....denver has treated me nicely thus far

3. California, specifically somewhere in Northern Cali (Humboldt County, San Francisco, Berkeley). I know a lot of people out there who have cannabis cards, and they say it is awesome.

4. OREGON... each person who has a card is allowed 24 oz of usable medical cannabis, 18 baby plants and 6 mature plants so for the two of you together you may have 12 mature plants and 26 baby plants. Baby plants are any plant smalled the 12 inches tall and wide. You may be a grower for up to 4 patients if you are a designated grower if each of you are both designated growers you can have up to eight patients for your garden for just grow for yourselves. Oregon is voteing in a Dispensary Bill in November and it is VERY likely to pass. Also they are bringing up a Mini- Oregon Cannabis Tax Act to the legeslator later this year.

Oregon also dosn't have sales tax & you don't fill up gas on your own car. We have great Colleges and Universities as well. I would say you should deffinatly think about oregon. A beautiful state and we get all the seasons. It's Just wonderful.

Good luck in making your desicion and let me know if you have any further questions about oregon and or the medical cannabis laws here. I am sorry to that you and your wife have had such problems with the accedent and her glauccoma, Medical Cannabis can deffinatly help both of you.

Peace & Love,
    Mother Ocean

5. If your in Michigan come to Cannabis Connection 26095 Schoenherr Road. Warren 48089.
    Always a great spread to choose from!!

6. San Francisco or LA. It's just insanely expensive to live out here though.

7. Real talk, NorCal is the most beautiful place in the United States.

Or if you prefer the snow, Colorado.

8. I'm torn between NorCal, Colorado, Michigan and Oregon

9. COLORADO!!! I live in small town Durango but sooooo many people have their cards, it's so easy to get here I got mine for a broken collar bone and I'm 18! I know so many people with their cards it's not even funny. The doctors here want to give out as many cards as they can. PLUS in this town of 15-20k people there is like 20 dispensaries and more goin up everyday. Stoner town ftw!

10. Cali, Oregon, Northern Colorado..... All flooded with so much MMJ in so many dispensaries.... I'm sure there are a few places in cali similar to boulder with a dispensary every damn block, but its really nice being able to go into, 4-5 dispensaries and choose from upwards of 100 strains within a few block radius :)

11. Thanks for your input. Rent is most important thing and I don't want to live around a lot of crime. Also would be great to be near a university. I'm an ex grower so I'm looking forward to getting back to it once I can find that right place.

12. rent isnt too cheap here, but the crime is low, and CU is smack dab in the center of town

13. Yeah 600 to 650/mth in a safe neighborhood looks like it's going to be hard to find in Colorado or Oregon or Northern Cali. I looked at Pueblo but it's cheap but just not my kind of town.

14. If you could find a room mate, it would be pretty easy.... but then you gotta live with one of us scary ass boulder potheads......oh no HAHAHAHAHA

15. #15 inneedforweed, Oct 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2010
    I have a roomate with my wife but she can't work due to her glacoma. So it's just me $$$. I wouldn't mind a Boulder pot head man. I'm one just not from Boulder. Boulder is a awesome city but the rent is out of this world.

16. Eugene Oregon area is pretty cheap. There is a great growers group over there, too.
    A Great City for the Arts & Outdoors

17. #17 FunkeeNuggz514, Oct 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2010
    I've heard MANY good things about Denver...and they have clones in the mmj centers unlike Boulder. It's illegal to have living plants in a retail zone here. I hope there's an MMJ New Year's Eve Party in Denver this year too!! I so wanna go!!

Boulder is nice but some of the bud in Boulder just doesn't match up to what I get from my private caregiver. Longmont has really good meds and rent is cheap...like 800-1000 for a 2 bd apartment. I got a good deal on my place in Boulder...950 a month split with 1 roommate. Longmont is more crime and I've been hearing it's a meth town but there are very good parts....especially on the western edge by airport road and diagonal highway.

Boulder will make you pick up new hobbies too....like bike riding and hiking. I didn't do either in Indiana (not that I could really go hike really).

If you want personal liberties respected, beautiful setting, and live a healthy fit life, come to Boulder man! I just moved here in May and I love it!!

18. You live in durango? i'm down there ALOT.

19. people are forgetting 'bout montana, there are a select few of us from here but we rep. We smoke chronic that's just as good as bud any where else, medical states are the best :). I live near Billings and we have quite a few dispensaries for a county of 150k. Most people here have personal caregivers that really "care" haha. Seattle and Portland are by far topped for 1st for my favorite cities, ive gotten mad dank from Seattle for $80/q for dank ass homegrown chronic, blueberry x northern lights

20. denver is the shit:smoke: