Best Material for an 8x8 Sealed Grow Room

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by TDAYB, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Im thinking wood 2x4's for the frame but ive seen it done with PVC as well...

Also, im debating weather to use either reflective foam insulation board OR white/black pond liner. The lights will be vented, yet im thinking insulation board may be more hassle than its worth by trapping in heat... The outside ambient room temp is 70-75F so im thinking vinyl liner may be more advantageous as it may inherently help cool the room... OR will the insulation board act like a cooler once the AC is kickin' thereby saving AC costs?

Also, idea for a door? Room size is 8x8x7. I was thinking getting an old sliding glass or regular door off craigslist and install it. Are there better choices to SEAL the space?

Thanks

2. No matter what door you use your more than likely going to need to line it to actually seal the room. As for the reflectve material I personally use Panda film and it is multi use. One side is black so that you can insure it absorbs all light. Useful in seperating vegetation chambers and flowering chambers. The white side reflects all light and does a great job of it. My personal choice is panda film and most hydro shops and online stores will carry it.

3. Im going to have to go with mylar...

Its not a lot of fun to put up since you dont want it to be all crumpled up and stuff but once you figure it out its like one of the best things you can put since it reflects so much heat

its what the spacemans use as blankets man.... you cant not want to use it

4. if this thing is on hardwood floors/carpeting something you dont wanna damage, i recommend pond liner for floor. if in garage, doesnt matter as much. for walls flat white is preference.

Wood or PVC?
    think duration compared to pricing, how long does it need to last. wood may rot from humidity/sitting in water if it happened but would be cheaper. PVC is great, lightweight but a bit more cashola.

good lucks