Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best Mason Jar Size for Weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by daniel_420, Apr 30, 2017.

1. i want to store a bit of weed in my room so I want to buy a mason jar since it is the best, according to everyone that uses them. I don't plan on having a lot of weed I am a beginner smoker. What's a good size to store about a dub or less at a time? And should I let it air out or not open it at all?

2. You won't get rid of the smell permanently by letting it "air out." Once you close it the smell will build up again. If you want to conceal a tiny amount of bud look for other smaller airtight containers. Mason jars are great, but those are for storing a few ounces. Check out Amazon or download an app like Craigslist, OfferUp, or letgo if you don't have a

Re-Start Grow #1

3. Are there any containers I can find in stores? Something I have right now is a pill bottle the twist one that is supposedly more airtight than the other ones.
    e any

4. That'll work if that's all the space you need. Pill bottles are as airtight as anything else

Re-Start Grow #1

5. Plastic is not as airtight as glass.

6. Canning (mason) jars go from 4 oz (jelly jars) to 64 oz (juice jars) and everything in between.... you could even order 1/2-1 oz cosmetic glass jars if your wanting to go down in size. Now remember jar sizes are in liquid capacity up to the "neck" leaving 1/4"-1/2" open for air exchange. How much you can fit in each size jar depends upon many factors: amount fresh or cured, adding humidity pack or not, bud density...fluffy or tight, short/long term storage etc....personally, I like 2oz glass cosmetic jars for 3.5 grams, 4oz wide mouth jelly jars for up to 7grams, 8oz wide mouth canning jars for up to 1/2 oz etc. for long term storage. For short term, the plastic from a cigarette pack, pill bottle, 2"x3" craft ziplock baggies, breath mint/candy tins etc all work as well

• Like Like x 1
  7. When I was a kid I never had a problem with smell coming out of a pill bottle. Of course I also had it in a box too

Re-Start Grow #1

8. I agree, I still keep some in pill bottles, easier than opening the jars every time. Dries out faster tho.

9. I agree but it will definitely depend on how potent it is. I had some OG Kush that would definitely leak through the pill bottle I was using. It can also depends on how you handle it and what residue might still be on the outside, but Mason jars, glass in general is better. Also, depending in where you shop, mason jars come in all sizes base don hwo much weed you get. I think MomOnTheRun ^^^^ did a good job of explaining this.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I can't imagine anyone actually buying an empty glass jar for their own stash. Dig a jelly jar out of the trash. Pickle jars work but it's extremely hard to get the smell out but you can. I've used 3 qt pickle jars for curing and storage but had to soak in Clorox/water for a long time.

11. I have one of these. Hard plastic with a flip down top that compresses a rubber gasket. Fits in any pocket. I grow weed that does not smell all that much while growing but post cure it is wonderfully dank. Funny when I go to gatherings, I can have my witz in my front shirt pocket and nobody smells a thing. I filp it open and you start seeing people 10 feet away start sniffing the air. In any case, pretty reasonable and durable.
    Small Sport Cases | Waterproof Cases and Protective Cases for Canon Cameras, iPhones, and ID's

12. Bought two new mason jars the other day at my local hardware store for 2 bucks, I like having a new jar with a good rubber seal, especially if I am picking up anything over an O.

13. Yeah it's right and there certain plastic that aren't good to store your weed in good answer

14. I would say always get Wide mouth jars! easier to get the hands in.