Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best long-term storage for bud?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by manduki, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Hey blades,

I was wondering what the best possible way was for the long-term storage of bud. Recently, I have started this new thing where I save a sample of each kind of "name chronic" I get (about a G's worth) in a small glass contact bottle with a rubber cork on it. Is this sufficient enough or should I go the extra measure of throwing it in the freezer?

Let me know your thoughts.

2. If you have a reasonably air tight glass jar it should be fine, I personally wouldn't bother with the freezer.

3. I've done this and it kept for @ least 1 month (maybe more). Sometimes it gets a little dry but never to the point that it was harsh or unsmokable! Freezer would probably only be necessary if you keep large quanities for much longer times.

4. Thanks for the replies, fellas.

The over-drying issue got me to thinking... would a humidor work to keep the bud moist, or would this be a bad idea since it would lead to mold?

5. Make sure your bud is dry enough for the stems to snap, throw it in a glass jar. Thats it. I wouldn't fuck with moisture because I feel like that'll lead to mold.

6. Mason Jars mang :smoke: