Best Live Bands

Discussion in 'General' started by 4 20, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Just got back from a Red Hot Chili Peppers concert, and it was by far the best live performance I have ever seen. Joints going around, and the energy in the building could make someone sober dance their ass off. I definitely recommend seeing them live. I have never felt such an energy rush through music in my entire life. One of my best experiences ever, hands down. So the question to you blades is... What is the best live performance concert you have ever seen?:hello:

...fucking amazing concert, any other blades from atl hit that up?

2. Out of the concerts I've been to recently, this is the most memorable:
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2twKjdfZ1U]The Black Keys - I Got Mine - Live - San Jose City College - Microsoft - 11/11/2011 - YouTube[/ame]
    And it started to rain. One of the best days of my life. And it was FREE. :cool:

Thinking about seeing Bassnectar next, but we'll see.

3. Tech N9ne. Most rappers suck live, but he is the exception.

4. Electronic shows.

5. The Roots
    Rebelution
    Slightly Stoopid
    Pretty Lights
    Rise Against

6. Been to a lot of great concerts. Atmosphere, Brother Ali. Been to a few methodman/redman concerts that were crazy, cypress hill, red hot chili peppers.

a few of my most memorable concerts -
    I went to a joint wutang/rage against the machine concert, I was like 17 at the time. It was a crazy crowd, and the place went wild.

about 9 years ago saw James Brown at one of his last performances in the midwest. Dude was in his late 60's at the time, it was outside on a day that was over 90 degrees, and he still danced and worked the stage like crazy for an hour and a 1/2. he was in his late 60's and still had more energy than a lot of concerts I've seen.

And one of my favorite concerts/tours was the Smokin grooves tour back in the late 90's. One of the times I went there was cypress hill, ziggy marley, fugees, busta rhymes, a tribe called quest, and a few others. At that concert, basically everyone was smoking in the crowd. You could just see huge clouds drifting over the whole crowd. Cypress hill and busta rhymes smoked up on stage. it was a great concert.

7. How was Brother ali?

My top 3: Dr. John w/ The Meters
    My Morning Jacket
    Black Milk

8. Anthrax, Testament, and Death Angel bout a month ago

9. Billy Talent and Good Charlotte sound just like the cd live.

And the guy in my sig, hopsin.

10. +rep for throwing Black Milk up there!

11. Yelawolf
    Eligh (amp live + living legends)
    Tech n9ne
    Atmosphere
    Any dubstep because its basically pre recorded

12. Deadmau5 in the worst rain storm EVA!

The wailers always put on a good show, but them with rebelution was sick. :)

13. I have yet to see Tecca Nina live. :(

14. i saw the Pixies live a few years back. That was a really good show. When they played that one song that was insane popular, (i believe the one that they played at the end of Fight Club) the entire stadium went NUTS. they were the last set on the main stage at the biggest music festival in my city, its always held on Labor Day weekend which symbolizes the end of summer.. so this song was so emotional for everyone, and i was a teenager at the time so it really struck home with ITS END OF SUMMER WAAAHH.:eek::smoke::smoke:

where is my miiiind!?!?

15. He always puts on a good show. The first time I had ever heard of him was when I saw him perform at an Atmosphere concert. Have seen him in concert 4 or 5 times so far. One of my favorite shows he did is he came to Chicago for a fund raiser, saw him perform in a bar with about only 30-40 people in it.

16. Phish, A lot of electronic shows, Aerosmith, SLightly Stoopid, idk there's a lot of them.

17. Saw Dipset and Third Eye Blind

3eb was amazing live

18. I recently saw Rebelution live, awesome show as always. I brought a friend who wasn't familiar with them up until the concert, and apparently she saw them in a convenience store and asked them if they were going to the concert before the show started but didn't realize they were part of the band until we saw them on stage lol. Said they just laughed and said, "Yeah we'll be up in the front row". :p