Best lighting/cooling system for closet for under $200

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Chronatog420, Sep 20, 2008.

1. So I just planted the seeds for my third attempt at growing (first attempt was mauled to death by my roommate's cat, second attempt produced 2 dudes.) Right now, I am using half of a 6x3' closet as my grow space with four 42W cfls. I'd like to just try to grow a lot of smaller plants this time, like only a 4-6 week veg and go SoG. I have 200 bucks set aside for better lighting, HOWEVER, right now the cooling is just two desk fans, so the cost of additional cooling is something that has to be factored in.

The closet door must remain closed since it is connected to the room I sleep in, and I can't makes holes in the walls since the place is rented. From what I have heard, it would require an expensive cooling system for an HPS, so I was thinking T5 fluoro tubes might be more cost-efficient since they put out less heat.

So yeah, I guess what I'm asking is, is it even realistic to construct an HPS+ cooling system for a 180 cuft closet for $200?

2. Get a cool tube... and 250 watt hps... You already have good spectrum for veg. Ebay, econolight, hell homedepot has a 250 watter in the form of a security light. If you go ebay be sure to pick one up with a good ballast that has a cord to the socket so you can keep ballast out of cab. Inline duct fans come cheap from homedepot/lowes. You don't need a big one for 250. That'd be sufficient for that few plants.

3. look on www.craigslist.org? maybe .com and search for a used light that som1's selling around you... i got my light for 40$ hps 250-watt but it dosnt have a hood... and i plan on making it into a cool tude using a pyrex dough roller.. there is a DIY thread on here...