Best lighters?

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by Jknox8, Mar 21, 2016.

1. lol nobody can be wrong b/c its a opinion, im sure not everyone has 70 to dish out on a lighter.

• Like Like x 1
  2. You realize that BHO Is Butane Hash Oil, right? Why the fuck would any lighter be filled with Butane Hash Oil?

Fucking kids trying to act all hipster and shit. Come back and tell your lighter stories when you can tell the difference between butane and Butane Hash Oil, junior.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Where can buy a cheap lighter filled with BHO?

• Like Like x 7
  4. A Clipper with hemp rope wrapper around it

5. He may be an idiot but he is right on the lighter. I own one and so far it's been great. No wind issues like you get with a bic and because it's rechargeable I never have to worry about it being dead because even if it is in 5-10 minutes it charges enough to use for one smoke sesssion

6. I own a few bics, a clipper, and a classic zippo. For bowls, the clipper is the best, for joints where you aren't necessarily inhaling the flame just lighting the end, that classic zippo is unbeatable (as long as you have the patience to fill it up every 2 weeks) and the bic is a great all around as long as you remove that stupid child safety thing over the flint wheel. That being said, I use hemp wick for my bowls anyway so what I use to light that doesn't really matter to me. If you want to impress people at a party thought, whip out that zip and do the snap light thing from reservoir dogs. Everyone with a cheap lighter will drool.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Bic lighters all the way. I lose them pretty often and I have too much of them.
    I buy them in threes or fours, I have lighters everywhere in the house and even in the car.
    My wife cleaned up the room one weekend and found 14 lighters in the bedroom alone.

Let the be light !

8. get a herb iron

• Like Like x 1
  9. I need to freak about for a minute about how much I appreciate Clipper lighters. My new pipe has a 3/4" diameter round bowl, and the Clipper lighters' round base also make for the perfect "tamping" device.

I bought my first Clipper lighters almost three years ago - I bought a pack of ten, after it seemed like Bics weren't lasting very long for me anymore. I was buying Bic lighters by the four pack like every two or three weeks, probably not that much, but it seemed too often.

I bought two big bottles of butane and ordered 500 flints from China. Three years later, and ALL of them are still with me and have never let me down. They have their quirks, and I have huge callouses on both my thumb and forefinger, because I have to switch fingers back and forth from wearing them out on the flint wheels. I usually have to flick the darn things 6-7 times before they'll light, unless the flints are new and still full-length. I've tried stretching out the spring for more pressure, and I've tried name brand flints as well, but it's like the flint wheel isn't sharp enough. I thought maybe the flint wheel was getting filled with dirt, so I cleaned it really well, but it didn't really help much, if at all.

Everyone always knows it's mine, and I've always gotten them back in groups. No one accidentally puts it in their pocket, force of habit or whatever, because they know it feels different in their hand, and can be a pain to get lit.

I always get OOOH!'s and AAAHH!'s whenever I stir the bowl with the lighter's built in stir-stick. I then have to show them how these lighters shoot flames harder when they're tipped down, like when you're lighting a pipe. Then I tell them the other things I've written here, about how I've had them forever, and haven't bought a lighter in three years, and will never buy anything else - and I'm probably going to order another pack of 'em, just because I'm such a fan and maybe I'll give some away as gifts. </rant>

• Like Like x 1
  10. shit bro you're bad luck

11. Quality, reliability, ease of use - All for around a buck!

IMG_1350.JPG

(I know, I'm missing 10-15 standard colors, but they cycle in and out.... ;))

• Like Like x 1
  12. [​IMG]

I'm surprised more people don't use Clippers. These are remarkable.

13. Just browsing Amazon and I see that electric USB lighters have gotten a lot cheaper. This one is under $20.

[​IMG]

14. I bought like 12, three years ago, best investment ever. Like three of their bottom buttons got pushed in when trying to release excess pressure, but now I found a tool that depresses it just enough, it's a "center punch" tool, made by Starrett. It's got a conical point, that flares out enough to stop it from depressing too far.

Anyway, just picked up 8 new Clipper lighters from Walmarts, because I love them so much. Got them home and noticed these are made in China, not like my older ones made in Spain. Even though my made in Spain version has the newer flint-wheel, they're much better than these new Chinese ones.

The bottom button is different on the Chinese ones, and the way it's put together is sloppy everywhere. I mean, it stands out how the bottom is attached, all "gunky" almost.

I also bought some "SCRIPTO" lighters, the ones with the double thumbwheels. Lo and behold, that flint-wheel fit my older Spain Clipper lighter like a glove, but I did remove the extra thumbwheels - it looks like it would fit with them still on too, if you wanted to keep that annoyance.

Now, my Spain Clippers are fixed up NICE, with these new wheels, strong spark and no more flicking it over and over. I'll probably give these 8 new Chinese Clippers away to people though. Not impressed. Gonna try to stock up on the Made in Spain ones now, before it's toolate.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Just posted about this. I love my clipper, the fire is a little high though.

16. hahah yes mate, tamping device does work well, i always imagine i will explode the lighter while doing it though and the flame turbo is very handy

17. About the Clippers: I replaced the hexagonal (gen 2) flint/thumb wheels with some I salvaged from SCRIPTO brand lighters. I've also done this mod with those cheap, translucent lighters you find everywhere. BIC thumb/flint wheels do not fit. Once the wheels were changed, they're great. Those stock hexagonal wheels seem too dull, or they wear out after a while. I tried cleaning them really well, but I'd have to flick the darn thing 6 times before it would light. Everyone always hated to use my lighters, because it wore out the skin on your thumb or finger. Now, they spark STRONG, and light first time every time. It's all about changing those wheels, which also makes it more comfortable and no longer gives me big callouses. I noticed the replacement wheels seem to be UNI-DIRECTIONAL. Not much spark, then turn it around and tons of sparking of the flint. Weird, I know, but it seems to be the way they are in my experience.

I got excited seeing Clipper Lighters at wallsmarts, so I bought two packs. When I got home, I noticed they're a bit different, and much worse. These are made in China and they say, "Crystal" under the Clipper logo. I just ordered 20 more from the same seller I got the Spanish ones from 3 years ago, hoping they'll be the OG Made in Spain versions. Trying to stock up in case they go extinct. I bought 500 flints from China for like $3, took a month to arrive, but I'm all set. The cheapest bottles of butane I've found so far is BernzOmatic 5.5oz from Home Depot for like $5 I think it was.

This picture shows two of the SPAIN lighters (black and red), and the newer "Crystal" CHINA lighter in green. The black SPAIN lighter has a SCRIPTO wheel, it came with double wheels, but I just removed the outer discs. (it will still fit with the extra discs if you like) The next red one, has a generic thumb-wheel. The green one has a stock OEM hexagonal wheel. The SCRIPTO lighters that came with wheels that fit are shown on the sides, one still with the double-wheel, and the other one with the Clipper hexagonal wheel.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. D'Jeep, I had one last me 2.5 years and I still have it in my car as an emergency, it's been empty for months and still lights. Wrap a hemp wick around it and bam

• Like Like x 1
  19. Go to the market or amazon, a 5 pack is about 7 or 8 bucks.
    5 pack will last you months (for me), maybe a week for you if you keep losing them.