Best light for growing seeds cut?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Bigdaddy76, Apr 16, 2020.

Tags:
  1. I’m in the middle of buying gear for my garden and want to know best lights to use for growing seeds and cuts, before they go under the big light, regardless of price? Are some LED lights good or is t5 the way to go?

2. Pretty much any late will veg it’s flower that you need a decent /very good light I’m currently just using a 250hps all I got for veg atm will up it to 400 when I’m flipping I have used the old 300w mars leds also very good for veg but for me flowering wasn’t that good as quality

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. My germination station is lit up by a cheap Phlizon 1500 newest. It does very well for me, I keep it on a timer at 18inches away for a small stalky development. I like when my stems are tough and thick so keeping the light close allows for tighter nod structure. 18/6 is what I do even before seeds have broken ground.

4. How about A Sun Blaze T5 HO Fluorescent Light Fixture -- 4 Ft - 8 Lamp? The place I bought my 3 Black Dog Phytomax-2 1000 LED’s, for a smoking deal, is offering me a good deal on the Sun Blaze.

5. I just wasn’t sure if there might be a new LED, that works as good or better then the T5’s?

6. I already have 3 Black Dog Phytomax-2 1000 LED’s and am going to add a BD Phytomax 800. That’ll be 2 1000’s in flower room, with a 1000 and 800 in veg room.

7. Right now I’m trying a t5 6500k from when the seeds break ground. I’m setting up a t5 4000k shelf for when the seeds get transplanted into 4” round pots. Then to the hlg once either my experiment fails or they outgrow the space. Only expecting maybe 6 inches above the cup before they’ll really love the hlg on low.

• Like Like x 1
  8. I ended up pulling the trigger on a Sun Blaze 48”, 8 bulb. I went to pick up my 3 Black Dog Phytomax-2 1000’s today and bought everything I need to build out my rooms. They gave me smoking deals on everything cause I dropped a shit load of money! Even picked up a commercial, heated, rosin press for a crazy good deal. Was my lucky day getting unbeatable deals, with no tax or shipping! Lol