Best legal supplements?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by JordanM, May 6, 2009.

1. I have been getting into weight training alot now, and i am looking into the best LEGAL supplements, does anyone have any suggestions on what will make me gain muscle the fastest and that is also legal.

(this is my first post in this section. sorry if its worded wrong)

2. oh shit . this was supposed to be in health and fitness

3. creatine worked wonders for me. i recommend size on. btw this is in the wrong section.

check this section out.
    Fitness, Health & Nutrition

4. do rippetoes starting strenght....

go to bodybuilding.com forums....

i go to the gym 4x a week

5. yeah, bodybuilding.com is the site you should go to. Some things I've heard of:

creatine
    protein of course
    Nitric oxide
    amino acids

I only take supplemental protein though. I don't like the thought of having all those chemicals in me.

6. Yeah, there are tons of supplements and knock off supplements. Overall, whey protein is the single most important suplement, but after that you got a multitude of different things. What you need depends on your goals. Yeah, research it. Supplements are a deep subject.

7. Creatine only gives you water weight and once you stop taking it, you lose a lot of your gains. I would recommend protein supplements and such.

8. allright thanks for the advice

9. #9 Tank Deezel, May 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2009
    If anything, this is a particular topic that I know a pretty good amount about. I've been a wrestler and a lacrosse player for the past 8 years and have worked by way up from a 130 pound wet noodle boy into a 185 kid with a respectably low body fat percentage. (I'm really not trying to sound like a douche here, just trying to offer you some evidence to my credibility)

As for legal supplements, well honestly...their are supplements that are legal steroids...Yes I said it, true anabolic androgenic steroids, they produce side effects and need to be cycled and aided with proper PCT (post cycle therapy, this usually involves a SERM, I'd explain more but due to your circumstances I'm doing to try stress the importance of avoiding these supplements all together). The way they get around legality is because the ban on steroids is specific to their molecular make-up AS IS, but doesn't regulate what those compounds absorb into once digested. These supplements are all oral and they convert into a steroid once they break down within your body...M1T was a popular example but that was recently banned also. Legal steroids and pro-homones are one in the same, but both are independently different...I'm not really going to go much more into it, but I advise you stay away from these supplements until you've put several years of weight training on, your over age 24, and you've done sufficent research to understand the consequences involved with the use...In other words, unless your trying to compete, it's not worth it.

Now onto what you should be taking...

For starters, if this is your first time hitting the gym regularly, ENJOY IT. Your first 8 months of continuous gym training are going to produce your most pleasurable, fast, and sustainable gains you're going to experience for awhile. It's for this reason that I stress avoiding creatine/pre/post workout supplements during this period. You want to build up a body of natrual, quality mass, this is later going to be known as your foundation. I know its tempting to take those supplements that promise lean, hard muscles but you need to understand that those products are only supplementry...it's 90% bs 10% effective. They do work...don't get me wrong, but people tend to forget the most anabolic and potent substance you can put in your body to make it grow the fastest is something that we use each and every day and thinking nothing of it...

FOOD! The more you eat the more you grow, it's that simple really. Just like some beautiful buds to sunlight and ferts, your body needs plenty of food to grow. You need to consume more than your burning, and with proper training you'll gain muscle. You will gain fat along with your muscle, but you diet determines how much. Don't be fooled, there is no such thing as building lean muscle and burning fat (without AAS), you are either bulking or cutting...period.

With that said, get yourself some muscle milk or something nice and delicious for skelitcal muscle grow and fullness and eat your heart out man. Train with proper form and don't fall into that typical meat head falacy of "the amount of weight you can lift is proportial to the size of your dick", because thats stupid and you'll only hurt yourself. Those guys you see in the gym curling 65's and look like their trying to start a lawn mower are not doing anything but causing themselves a world of pain. Just stick with form and consistancy and you'll blow up, I promise.

Let me know if you have any other questions my man!

10. Whey protein
    no xplode
    creatine
    animal stak.
    These work well.