Best LED? Quantum Boards?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Corn Man, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Between searching forums here and other locations and youtube videos and everything else I can find online, my head is spinning and I still can't pick an LED light. It seems like once they took off they took OFF and there is so many making varying kinds of quality and fads and I just really want a nice light that'll yield decent and last a while.

What I've gathered among them all is that for a quality light I'd be spending around $500 on a really solid light for a 2x2', could be less, but that's the most I should and will probably want to spend

I currently have Three 300W Apollo LEDs, Amazon's Finest, in a 2x6. I'm looking to basically downgrade size and upgrade quality into a 2x2. All I REALLY care about is that beautiful combo of yield and quality, I would LOVE to figure out dense nugs, but a pound of feathers and a pound of bricks still weigh the same, it's for personal use anyways so I don't need to impress anyways

After all my research I have found that Quantum boards are a hot new thing? I was looking at the HLG 260 watt for around $400 and about a week into research that's where I'm leaning, but can't find very little on the QBs since they are so new I don't know if they are the way of the future or just some hip way of removing a lot of the components from the LED and I'd be better off with just a quality tested just known quality product, if that's the case I don't know what that is, I am new to LED and would like some input.

TL;DR Best LED for under $500 in a 2x2?

2. but I know nothing of any led but the mars II 900w which I own. and it's like a 400w HID system, it has heat and weight as it's disadvantage

3. The HLG 260 is a fantastic light but you would only need 1x 288 board for a 2 x 2 space.

A 2 x 2 tent is SUPER short. Are you growing in a tent? I saw a 27” x 27” x 60” on Amazon earlier today. I have the 24” x 24” x 48” for seedlings and small plants before they go in the veg tent. It is just too short to finish a plant in and maintain the distance from the top of the canopy to the light (when growing with LED).

Anyway, I have two QB lights and I love them. Super tight node spacing, good canopy penetration, and an incredibly good spectrum.

[​IMG]

“Tyranny anywhere is a threat to freedom everywhere.” — someone awesome

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I’ve only been running them for a few weeks, but I’m loving mine too. Running 480 watts of qbs over my 4x4 and 240 watts over a 28” x 36” scrog. I’m going for 1.5 to 2 grams per watt here

1479F68C-3AAF-4A7A-9AEF-DE0642604D09.jpeg 27E1000E-6F73-4F44-8226-F3687B0135FF.jpeg

5. If they come back in stock on amazon, you can buy a four pack of qb120’s for $120, a driver for $70, wire, and aluminum for a frame, and you’ve built a 240 watt light with the most efficient diodes for about $215

6. Jealousy is seeping from my pours right now lol

“Tyranny anywhere is a threat to freedom everywhere.” — someone awesome

• Like Like x 1
  7. So far so good. I just hope they end up as dense and frosty as my HPS

8. They are so cute when they are little!

I do have the 5 footer, but I ran a bunch of small auto flowers so I usually don't top out. I did hit issues with the Veg/Flower style, but now that I'm basically demoted to a closet I'm just gonna go small and effective.

9. Thanks for the heads up! I don't know fuck all about wiring, but my buddy is basically an electrician, if it's a peace of cake I'll probably go this route.

• Like Like x 1
  10. wiring is easy. diagrams on hgl's website or post for answers