Best LED light systems?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by nt3grals, Feb 17, 2016.

1. I am wanting to do a small grow and am curious as to how well LED systems do... I've always used CFL's, but want something to help me get denser buds. I know HID lighting is the way to go there, but i am trying to do it secretively so my step kids wont find out, & with the HID lights heat will be a huge issue. Any suggestions would be great. I'm wanting to use a small tent, like a 3x3x4 in my closet.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Platinum led p450 :)

3. What's a good place to get one of those from?

4. How many plants did you have and how many watts and lumens were they? And how was your yield with CFL's

5. I had 2 plants, & i was using a bunch of the 25w cfl's bcuz they had the lowest lumens. I cant remember what they were exactly bcuz it has been a long while since i last got to do it. I ended up pulling close to 2 ounces per plant i'd say. Maybe a little less than 2.

I had a ton of cfl's on them. At least 150 to 200 watts per plant id say. And even had a 30watt hps that somebody had given me.

6. Okay, so do you think the p450 would be big enough to cover two plants growing? The 600 is only a little less than a 100 more and is longer.

7. Top LED? What are you referring to?

8. check the forum out , this is toppled/Mars led lights and they are the best

9. Galaxy Hydro full spectrum, great light for the money. Low heat, low noise, full spectrum at a great price. Running 600s and 150s. Available on Amazon, I'm a happy customer.

10. Use voltage regulators to protect your lights from power surges. Cheaper then ballasts and also available on Amazon

11. I bought two of the 300w dimmable galaxy hydro's. Im looking forward to see what results i get!