Best LED light search 2013

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by WaxPayne, Feb 11, 2013.

1. I'm using the 800w

2. The solar storms had a growers feedback program where you got them half price. I'm not sure if its still going on or not though.

3. #63 jollyrancher1, Sep 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2013
    I use a Solar Storm 800, but I had to design a manifold to input and exhaust air used to cool it as I inject CO2.

The quality of the yield is great.

Also, with LED's you don't have the light spectrum degrading with age as you do with HID.

Most HID growers I know start off with a new bulb in bloom phase.

4. Why would you need to cool an Led when they already run much cooler

5. #65 jollyrancher1, Sep 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2013
    The LED runs cooler, but the power supply is in the fixture and they use two small fans to vent the hot air.

I grow in a "chamber" and the inside temp was running over 103 deg F without the manifold.

Affected the Co2 and the plants were not happy with the elevated temp.

Now my temp stays around 78-80 deg F with the light on.

BIG DIFFERANCE.

Also, the 800 weighs a heck of a lot more then a cool tube and even more then some of the HydroFarm fixtures.

I had to go to a double pulley system and screw into the ceiling studs for support as the weight was distorting my chamber roof.

Click on the link below and check post #225 for pics.

Good luck if any of you think a tent is gonna support an 800.

6. They're cooler but it still puts off heat, at least the 800 does. I came close to outing in a manifold as well but I run fresh air so I just adjusted my intake and exhaust flows and I'm good. Hardly ever break 85 anymore. If I ran a closed system I'd be doin something about cooling too. My cabinet is too small, might be fine if I had a bigger room, but them again I'd just have more of them then and the same problem.

7. Peep this thread for info on the best 2013 LED light.

MARS II SERIES by LG LED SOLUTIONS

Custom spectrums that you can choose.
    5w chips
    IR & UV
    It's exact same light as the BlackDog.
    But the Mars II series is 1/3rd the price. $350 will get ya a 700w LED panel that's draws approx 350-400 watts. Comparable to the Advanced Diamond 600 ($1100) or the BlackDog 450 ($1200).

Check out the thread and you'll see just how legit it is,

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1229301-Complete-LED-Setup

8. I just don't know the lumens as sometimes it isn't stated or applicable.
    [​IMG]

9. I don't see 700w lights on their page. Can you tell me the model number if that is allowed on this forum?

Interested in LEDs but concerned that they don't put out enough heat so plants use up enough water every 3 to 4 days. I saw an article about this and wondered if anyone has experienced this in larger rooms with led only

10. i have a 200 watt daimond series
    LED i will soon make a grow report/ my first thread.
    green watcher is back in action

11. #71 jrsaw0711, Sep 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2013
    The website is LGLEDSOLUTIONS.com
    The 700w is listed as the Mars A140. Because it's 140 of the 5w chips. In my thread (http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1229301-Complete-LED-Setup) the flowering closet is powered by three Mars II 700 panels.
    They actually put out the perfect amount of heat. I'm running three 700w panels and all I do for heat control is set my house AC to 80 degrees. Overwatering is like the number one problem people have when switching. Read thru that thread. Switching to LED was the most clutch desicion I've ever made concerning my garden. I've set mad people up with my sales rep and every single person has loved these panels. Just look at the pics. Go thru the thread and if ya interested just hit me for the sales rep's info. Literally, the Mars II series is the best deal, the best light, and the best desicion. I started that thread months ago just to show off my setup and tell people how I got a sik deal. Everyday I get an email from someone thankin me for the hookup. It's all in the thread
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1229301-Complete-LED-Setup

12. I run a small cabinet, 3.5' x 5.3' x 5.8' inside. I could run another light but here is my setup. 800w solar storm, I could use two to use my space optimally but this works well now. I run 5gal smart pots sitting on a perlite water reservoir I add 1-3 gal per plant every 2-3 days but can go 5-6 with the reservoir before the soil even begins to dry. I have no problems with soil moisture and not drying out with this setup. It's fantastic. The top half inch is dryish but everything below is nice and moist. I love it.

13. yo ur set up sounds solid bro. question do you let ur medium get super "light" as in dry?
    so like it could get oxygen in the roots??

14. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1380338518.834258.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1380338535.962703.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1380338566.913149.jpg

This is my flowering setup. Three Mars II 700 panels. Each one is equivalent to about a 1000w of hps but only draw max 400 watts. They even piggy back into each other so they can be daisy-chained together, allowing you to just plug one cord into the wall. Each panel is capable of yielding approx 400 grams. The run dead silent and the closet never goes over 85 degrees. I got mad pics on my thread.

15. #75 jrsaw0711, Sep 28, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2013
    If anyone is interested in the Mars II series from LG LED SOLUTIONS, just message me and I'll send ya the sales rep's contact info. Take your time. Do the research. The Mars II series is hands down the best LED option. You can customize the spectrum to match any setup. They use 5w chips and are super strong. And they're 1/3rd the price of all the competition. If ya got questions, peep my thread and holla at me,JR http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1229301-Complete-LED-Setuphttp://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1229301-Complete-LED-Setup

Attached Files:

17. The Advanced Diamond series is a very good light. So are the BlackDog, DormGrow & Stealth lights. Honestly almost all of the name-brand expensive LEDs are legit. They all basically use the same spectrum and are setup similar. The thing with the Mars II series is 1)they use the 5w chips (as far as I know only BlackDog uses them too) and 2) the Mars II series is 1/3rd the price. You can get it made with any spectrum (I just cut & pasted the specs for the Diamond Series when I ordered mine).

18. can you give me the official web site for Mars series LED plz ty

19. I almost never let it dry out. Ever.

20. I should clarify. My soil and roots do not make direct contact with the water.