Best LED light for flowering 5x5 area

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Kdebi, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Hey guys I'm adding a 5x5 fabric bed to my grow room and I'm looking for some input on what would be a good LED light for this.

I'm looking for quality light that won't break the bank budget is around 800 bucks.

DIY lights are not out of the question im pretty handy, while never building one before it sounds like a fun project. So if anybody could share some insight on brands or links to follow I'd appreciate it.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Can't go wrong with quantum boards. As to which specific that isn't for me to say because I have no idea. They say their the best out there and around $1/watt you can really do er to er

3. One option I would consider is nine qb 96 elite v2's on three hlg-320h-54a's. It would give you a little over 1000 watts for ~$870 plus shipping, wires, hangers and frame. A little over budget but you'd have 40w/sqft of high quality lighting. You could also get away with using smaller drivers, like the 240h, to save a bit of money, as you probably won't need the full 1000w anyways.

You might be able to build a strip light for cheaper, but you'd probably have to use older strips such as the samsung f-series or bridgelux eb gen 2's. LEDGardener is a good resource for strip builds.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. For a 5x5 I think you would do better with two lights (even if less wattage), to give you a better light spread.

5. This is really good advice. qb96 are some of the best lights you can get and they are at a very good price too. Nine in a 5x5 running on three 320 meanwell drivers would be perfect.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks for that advice im going to look into that.
    Anybody have any input on the HLG 600h light it says its good for flowering a 5x5 area

7. What kinda head room do ya have?The spread is ok but the 650r would be better. She can get warm too. If you don’t have a lot of headroom and heat is an issue I recommend a bar style light like an optic 600hd, growcraft , photontek ect ect

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. I've been looking into these for a while now for a 4x4x7ft room, kinda torn between the Gavita 1700e Pro or a Diablo 650r both would be over budget for you but the way I see it I'm better off spending it once then 3x over. I'll most likely get a 650r due to the pull from box and hang, its complete from them. The Gavita requires controllers and such.

9. I've got 8 foot ceilings and its in basment so heats not really an issue . I'll look into those other kinds of lights you've mentioned