Best LED For 4x4?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by xavimackdaddy, Jan 25, 2018.

Tags:
  1. I would actually go to growerslight.com instead because HLG charged me shipping and growerslights.com did not. They also give you the option of pre building a fixture or you saving $25 or so and building it yourself.
    Horticulture Lighting Group

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. #62 Tbone Shuffle, Jan 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
    If you have the money and don't want to wait around buy two qb260's with qb304 boards for your 4x4 bud area. That's what I run and they work very well. Consider that my flower tent is 585 watts at the wall. There's no way you could have that 4x4 so full of colas with only a 600 watt hps. Most 600 watt hps grows I've seen struggle to get above .8g/watt.

They make the xl version for a little more. It's totally worth it. The standard qb260 with 304 boards at full power runs fairly hot. I have a 6" clip fan blowing on mine in order to run them full power at reasonable temps. The xl has a 50% larger heat sink.

Other then that I think the best bargain right now if you want to save money is the qb132's. Higher output then the qb120's but the same price near for the 4 packs on amazon. 8 qb 132's is equal to 2 x qb260's in a flower room. The 132's would have way better coverage being 3 times the size of fixture but around the same wattage.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Amazon.com seems to be the best place lately to get 4 packs of qb132's. I've heard they still have stock with the 2700k bud only versions. If you wait around you can get a 3k start to finish 4 pack. Last I saw they are $130 for a 4 pack no heat sink needed. That's 300 watts worth of world class led grow light.

Search qb132 quantum board.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Day 46 since flip

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1

5. So you'd recommend two of these highest (260 watt kit XL {2 x qb304 board})
    Horticulture Lighting Group 260 Watt XL Quantum Board LED Kit

Over two of these (STANDARD {2 x qb304 board}) Horticulture Lighting Group 260 Watt Quantum Board LED Kit And definitely over (two?) of these (4 X qb132 board) (=8 total) "The 132's would have way better coverage being 3 times the size of fixture but around the same wattage." - Do you mean this in comparison to the 260 watt qb304 board kit? If so are you suggesting that 8 X qb132 is the very best or?...... I am happy to spend on any of these (they all end up under $700) Thank you

6. sorry it wont allow me to edit the post (the way its pasted from my notes is a bit squished together)

7. And what do you think to the HLG 600 kit which is 4 X qb288 boards
    (suggested by @WeedSexWeightsShakes thanks man)

How does the compare with the others

(Please suggest the very best of all options we've considered, not based on price)

8. HLG 600 (4 X qb288) - $674

XL 260 w kit (2 X qb304) - $340 (x 2 = $680)

4 X qb132 kit - $133 (x 2 = $266) Currently out of stock

The last option is by far cheapest. Would I only need 8 total qb132 boards or would I need 16 (still only $538)

Again, i want the best of these options

thanks!

9. #69 Deleted member 1025658, Jan 26, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2018
    COBS or QB or even better both!
    I would like some QB but harder to aquire in the UK, im not paying the ridiculous customs tax.

6x Vero29 546w 4x4
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Man I never considered the custom charges.., any idea realistically what they'd be? Can they be avoided?

If it's something like 25% it's a bummer, but I don't mind too much... We'd be talking £100ish in that case (still very annoying)

I haven't looked into cobs. Should I? I'm quite set on the QB. I don't want to be diying the entire thing and I only want to spend £600 or less

Thank you

11. Is this what you have?

http://uk.farnell.com/bridgelux/bxrc-35e10k0-l-03/led-hb-vero-white-10000lm-3500k/dp/2310933

Is that a complete LED? Does it require more parts? Does it need to be built? £30 is not bad

How do these compare with the previous mentioned Quantum Boards?

@Tbone Shuffle What do you think

Thanks guys

12. The setup i have costs £669 inc PP

Sent from my Redmi 3 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. No unfortunately i just have a x6 cob setup using Vero29 Bs
    PowerGrowLights UK - Selling COB LED Grow Lights

14. I emailed the QB company they wouldn't do me a deal on the customs tax. But they also said a Spanish distributor will be stocking them in 2 weeks so a possible work around.

15. Yes mate i asked them to custom build it for me and they have stuck with the design

Only cropped once from it and it wasn't really a fair comparison to our last grow tent wasn't filled but was fairly impressed.

Check out some YouTube videos on them

16. Woah so you are basically the reason I'm seeing this product? That's insane dude

Sorry.. But you didn't seem to big it up much or I've misread you. Was you super stoked with the results or a little let down? Why wasn't it a fair comparisons? I'm only asking because I'm soon to be dropping £500-£600 on some LEDs and want to be absolute certain I'm investing in the right one. The Quantum Boards sound awesome there only problem for me is the custom charges which aren't too big a deal. But if you super rate this Vero then I'll definitely consider it

Thanks again man

17. From what I understand and have read
    QB have better efficiency
    Par/watts
    COBS have better penetration
    That's why i said both is best of both worlds.

I ran a scrog with a 600 hps the grow before inside a 1.2

Then same tent 3 plants didn't utilize the whole space if i did i would of pulled more than the 600 for sure.

Watch growmouse on YouTube
    I was worried about dropping the money on them but now im Happy i did.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  18. #79 Tbone Shuffle, Jan 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
    The HLG600 is a slightly higher power version of the HLG550 which is 4 x qb288 boards. They have a nicer heatsink on the 600 so they are able to push the boards up to 620 watts at the wall.

Still though it's comparable to 2 x qb260xl's with qb304 boards and that is much cheaper. When you have two fixtures instead of one large one you can run them at different heights or distances apart. It's 585 watts at the wall to run 2 of those so the HLG600 is 25 watts more power but has 64 less diodes. The reason the qb288 is used in the large 4 board fixtures is that you can only run a max of 2 qb304 boards in series. You can wire 4 qb288's in series and they want to use a single driver.

If you want to learn how to get around some of the cost of HLG stuff in the UK check out the alternative thread. JoeDirt has links from China.
    alternative to HLG's quantom boards... the supplier!

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Was literally just about to share that thread with them too lol.

• Like Like x 1