Best LED For 4x4?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by xavimackdaddy, Jan 25, 2018.

Tags:
    • Funny Funny x 1
  1. Haha! Still awake and still here... Your grow looks insane so does @WeedSexWeightsShakes

I think I'm gonna bite the bullet and go for either;

4 X 135w
    Or
    2 X 260w
    > 3k

What I don't understand is the 135w qb288 can go Upto 150w but the 260w which is 2 X qb288 can only give 285w?

This pushes me toward 4 X 135w which gives me more adjustability but a raised price of $90

2. Now I just want to know if these are OK To use from seed as someone mentioned (probably one of you guys, sorry I've read lots of forums tonight) that the intensity of these lights would fry seeds

Do you agree?

Thanks

3. The 132s are the newest designs they have out (for now anyway)..These run cool enough to use without a heat sink...4x 132s = about 150 watts (depends on how you adjust the driver) + 1 Meanwell LRS 350w 36v driver (1 will power 4 boards in PARALLEL with current dimming pot on board.
    https://www.arrow.com/en/products/lrs-350-36/mean-well-enterprises

OH..My and $450 Nextlight Mini draws 150 watts too;)

Later
    Buzz

4. I would NOT suggest using them for seedlings as I said (unless dimmed WAY down)..just use plain ole $2 CFLs (daylight for veg) and all is good..No stretching if you put them within 2-3 inches from the seedlings..Been doing it this way for a VERY long time and You see I have more than enough lights to use if I wanted to..(plus the 3 Meizhis)

5. One more thing..You should run the leads from the driver OUTSIDE the tent to the lights inside the tent..The driver is about 90% efficiency and runs very cool anyway..I put my driver on top of the tent

6. Are you recommending the 132s over the 288s?

If 4 X 132 is only 150w wouldn't I need roughly 16 of these ? (600w) how much would this cost compare to the 135w 288s?

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding

7. @Buzzer777 i think op wants a DIY kit, not a total DIY.
    @xavimackdaddy either of those choices you can’t go wrong man.
    As far as the 135 vs 260 for watts
    I believe the drivers use 15 watts for the 135 boards and the drivers for 260 boards use 25 watts. I assume that’s when they’re maxed. I might not be right but I feel like I heard that somewhere.
    So overall it isn’t going to be enough difference to notice imo.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. If you are good at wiring shit and making frames you could do 8 of those 132 boards. If maxed at 75 watts each you got 600w. More than enough for a 4x4.

• Like Like x 1
  9. There is quite a few people who try to skimp with the boards too much. I've been recommending 8 boards for a 4x4 since I started talking about the qb120's but I don't think I've seen anyone follow that advice. Most people try to run a few less then that.

Since the qb132's came out 8 boards is much more comparable in a 4x4 to 4 x qb304's. There's slightly less diodes but the spread is way better.

I bloom with the 4 x qb304 boards and veg with 4 x qb120s. Both setups in 4x4's.

One of the reasons I started hyping the HLG fixtures up is I got 1.2g/watt from my first run with them. It's not only about the size of the main colas. They grow denser bud IMO then HPS or other leds I've grown with. Also the middle area of the plant's buds tend to be better for me under the canopy. They actually have density when with other lights the lower buds are much more fluffy.

It's really hard to get an estimate of how much bud is in a room from looking at it. Until you cut it all down and dry it you can easily be off by 50%. I had no idea that my last harvest was as large as it was. It blew away my expectations. This crop looks much better even though I've had larger colas in the past. There's so many of them and even the slightly lower buds have good density.

I'm actually going to start harvesting my GDP tonight. It's been flushing for 5 days. I already cut one cola off to sample it about 5 days ago.

The other two plants will take a few more weeks. This is only day 66 since flip to 12/12. This is the last pic of this crop with all the plants together. The one in the rear is starting to fall over because it's getting too heavy on top.
    IMG_8831.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  10. qb132's are 75 watts max power each but many driver combos don't run them that high. They are 36volts and 2000mA

The qb120's are 60 watts each and 24 volts. 2500mA.

qb304's are about 54 volts each and 1050-1300 approx mA. Max of about 125-150 watts if you have a nice heatsink.

11. This is my veg side. It's 4 qb120 single fixtures with all their own drivers. I only have 3 plugged in right now. I plugged the third one in two days ago because it's been too cold in there. About 70 degrees max. I only had 2 boards running to keep this plant from getting too big for 9 weeks of that time. That's only 120 watts. She's been vegging since October. It's a Wonder Woman. Never topped or trained in any way. It just grew like this. It's a perfect example of how much strains can vary in growth pattern. This thing just wants to be a bush.

My next crop is budding this single plant.
    IMG_8833.JPG

12. I appreciate the advice. How difficult is it to put a board together? How much would it cost for 8 qb120 boards?

13. I appreciate the advice. How difficult is it to put a board together? How much would it cost for 8 qb120 boards?

14. They haven't been available for a while. I would probably just buy the qb132's they seem to be stocking those more often now and the output is higher. The qb120's are $29 each. I still have two on my shelf for an herb garden for the kitchen. The power supplies are as cheap as $13. It takes roughly $55 to set a single board up with it's own power supply and hangers.

If you buy many boards the price goes down per board because you can run many off the same power supply.

15. It's the easiest DIY there is. You wire a cord to the power supply you plug the power supply into the board and you hang the board from 9" trout leaders. /done. The LRS-60-24 for qb120's or the LRS-75-36 for single board qb132's is the best single board power supply IMO. They're about 90% efficient, under $20 each, and well built with wall mount screws and screw terminals for output and input wires. No soldering or connectors needed. The MDR drivers are nice too but slightly more expensive. I have two of those and they run super cool. MDR-60-24 for single board qb120's.

• Like Like x 2
  16. This is the set up I am looking for. Not to hijack the thread but please do any info you have on where to buy that stuff

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

17. Thanks dude although I am little undecided.

In your opinion should I go for:

4 X qb120
    8 X qb120
    4 X qb132
    8 X qb132
    4 X qb288

??????

So many options...

Thanks again