Best Kept Secret...

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Output, Dec 23, 2013.

1. I have to admit to being very surprised. Overall, I thought I was knowledgeable about the Field in general and vaporizers as well. I've had several.

But boy was I wrong. 

There is a whole class of vaporizers that I had never heard of before. They are called Log Vapes. This is a generic term. The Vape Critic has not even done a review of this class of vaporizers yet.

What Log Vapes have in common is that they are generally built into a very nice wood piece that you then stick over a glass piece or bubbler, and vape away to your heart's content. They come with a short glass straw that you can use as well, usually.

What is interesting about these is that they are very simple and yet extremely powerful. They are in a league all to themselves.

They are incredibly versatile - you can use them with flowers or concentrates - as a direct draw unit or with whatever glass you have.

Some of them heat up incredibly rapidly... just 2 - 3 minutes. And you can safely leave them on all day long. And they very easily produce thick milk vapor.

And the good news is that they are quite inexpensive and are easily bought for under $200. 

I believe these are such a breakthrough that they will revolutionize vaporizing.

My favorite is the E-Nano but I would also like to get its older brother the EV-2. There are other options as well like the HI, and other options that are less traditional log like but still operate similarly like the LSV.

If you have not heard of these, you owe it to yourself to do some investigation.

2. #2 lwien, Dec 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2013
    I bought my first log vape, a Purple Days, over 5 years ago.    It was one of the first logs on the market after the Eterra, which was the very first log vape on the market.

That PD still holds the title of one of the most efficient vapes on the market.

Yeah - log vapes have been around for a long time. That's why I was so surprised that I had not heard of them. They were kind of an underground thing, I think. 

I think the E-Nano easily rivals the PD now. But I hear very good things about it.

4. #4 lwien, Dec 23, 2013
    Maybe FC is an underground thing as well, but when Tom first introduced his PD there, which was over 5 years ago, it became, within a few months,  one of the, if not THE most popular and well reviewed vapes on the site.

5. I think FC pretty underground, you're right. But I think it's starting to get more popular. That has been the site that's popularized the log vapes in general, I think.

6. #6 lwien, Dec 23, 2013

The Purple Days thread over there with over 430 pages and over 10,780 posts on nothing BUT the Purple Days, yeah, I'd say I agree with ya.

When Rick, the maker of the AromaZap intro'd his log vape a bit later back in 2009, it too became a very popular log vape with a post that is over 378 pages long and over 9400 posts.

7. I love my underdog. The simplicity is just fantastic and I love being able to take massive hits off of crumbs of weed. Plus the rainbow poplar wood that its made out of is just plain sexy and it always gets a lot of good comments.