best jobs with a GED

Discussion in 'General' started by MotaVerde, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Hey man better pay and tasty ass pizzas to enjoy while high off the weed you can now buy with a salary increase!!! :smoke: :bongin:

2. Call me lazy all you want, but I was all but forced to drop out of high school. Second year I was a senior I gave up because my parents had me moving states so often almost none of my credits matched. It would have took me six+ total years once I settled down to get my diploma.

I passed my GED with 92%+ in every subject after no studying and being out of school for over 2 years. So don't call me stupid either.

My point is, don't assume someone is stupid or lazy for having a GED. I'm certainly not.

Nor have I had any issue getting work.

Though I do plan on going to college this spring.

3. I've got 2 1/2 years in CSR experience. Cashier, whatever. Jobs like Gamestop, Bath and Body, waitressing, Hastings, are all fairly easy jobs to get if you're even vaguely competent.

4. The Mcdonalds i work at pays $8.00 an hour starting and you get a raise every 6 months. Also its easy as shit to get hired. The works not that hard or demanding either.

5. I foresee this thread turning into:

[​IMG]

6. Ok well i didnt read any other posts so if its been said w/e but yo man really try and get a job as a driver somewhere if ur driving record is good. atm i work as a parts driver make 8.50 an hour get 32-38 hours a week jobs chill as fuck. or get ur CDL and be a truck driver. need clean piss though

7. go to college? at least community college. much better looking then just a ged

8. isn't ged same as high school?

9. Essentially, yes. They are both diplomas, but wither way, with a little or a lot of college will open up a lot better career opportunities.

10. #70 chambs1, Oct 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2011
    Most of these posts are b.s.- people pretty much saying your life is over if you don't go to college. My dad never want to college. He started at a telephone company, worked hard, learned everything he could and wound up making $75/ hour. Also, he worked quite a bit of overtime for many years and their OT was double-pay. My dad loved it because he didn't want to be stuck at a desk for the rest of his life and he wasn't paying off college loans into his early 40's. But, because of this I grew up in a neighborhood who looked down on my family because my parents weren't as 'educated as them'.

I never understood this idea of how people who go to college think are 1-up over the rest of society. The most stand-up people I've met in my life never went to college and many of them are 'financially successful' as well as happy, though I personally believe happiness and being wealthy are not one and the same.

Also, whoever recommended military was spot-on. Officers make bank, bro and they don't have 80% of the expenses us civilians do because the benefits are damn good.

On a final note, I'm fucking high, but yeah I take offense to people who hate on those of us who never attended or completed higher education. Whoever said check out McDonald's or a construction site is a total ass.

11. the thing is your dad had to work hard....

whne you say not at a desk i assume you mean like physical labor??

12. I work offshore on an oil rig as a roughneck. I started as a roustabout with no experience at $40k/yr. Now I make $83k/yr after 5 years as a roughneck and its only the second rung on the ladder. Oh yeah, and i only work 6 months out of the year...

13. Lol OP, u just made me laugh. Thanks. Lol. Well shit.... I make 12 am hour 25 hours a week. Dopeest job ever. I'm I'm college but! U don't need a degree to have my job. So basically i work 5 days a week at an elementary school. Lol. It's basically free day care for people. We watch their kids 2 hours before school. And 3 hours a week after school. Haha sickest job ever.

14. i would hate your job

dangerous and probably difficult work and also not on land though

15. If your city has a Whole Foods you should check it out.. they pay really well and everyone who works there is super cool.

Start thinking about college either university or trade school. If your family is poor you can get grants and loans to cover your cost of living as well as tuition. When I was a college student I was making 40k a year just for going to school.

Try to get something money making going part time, like selling things at your local craft/antique market, or dog walking, or t shirt making, whatever floats your boat..

get some roomates to help with bills.

16. Yeah, dangerous but fun. You should see the size of these drillships and equipment we use out here. The one im on now is 800ft long. And you can get a roughneck job on a land rig, lots of them around.

17. Waiting tables or bartending is good too

18. Damn right..pure oilfield trash.

19. My dad never even got a degree GED or otherwise. He's now a *very* successful private pilot. He's flown really famous people around the country.