Best Islands?

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by DirtyB, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Alright, so my dream place to live, would be an island that isn't that populated, but still isn't a dump due to lack on inhabinants (spell check) and has a dope climate of like 70 degrees give or take all year round.

I'm trying to see where these kind of islands would be, so post pictures or share your knowledge. :p

2. Ireland, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Hawaii, bahamas, Seychelles, Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago, Bahrain.

Opportunities are limitless my friend :D

3. South Pacific Islands for me, but it gets much warmer than 70 contrary to what you might like.

4. New Zealand's south island.

5. Cook islands.

6. Virgin islands

7. Greenland, warm and sunny all year round.

8. caribbean for the win
    [​IMG]
    home of the $12 QP

9. Take a coupe diving course's and become a divemaster. Then live and work on any small island, for example malapascua Philippines or any of the other 7000 islands the Philippines has.[​IMG]

10. I've been to Hawaii 4 times and I think it's great! I would recommend Maui. The weather is great year round, and it never gets TOO hot. If you ever start to feel a little bit closed in on the island, you can take a 40 minute plane ride to Honolulu and do some world-class shopping. Goodluck man!

11. I visited a floating reed island on the Peruvian side of Lake Titicaca last week, that was fucking cool.

12. St John in the US virgin islands is extraordinary beautiful and sublime. small, quiet, a small-medium main town (could be more, I forget), and ferrys to st Thomas were there's a city and airport and what not

it's fuckin sweet, beauuuutiful beaches and perfect weather. I would love to go back there.

my .02

13. #13 Sunshine86, Apr 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2012
    Oahu, Hawaii.

Maui is a fun island to visit but not really to live.

14. You all have it way wrong!

Your dream Island is definitely Tahiti or one of it's sister islands.

Take a look at some pictures I took while visiting :hello:

DSCN2987.jpg

DSCN3011.jpg

DSCN2840.jpg

15. I take it you want to live somewhere tropical how far are you willing to go the south pacific is nice but it can be kinda remote and not very americanized Hawaii is nice but pricey and very Americanized the carribian's nice but there's a lot of poverty and crime it can be remote depending on the island

16. [quote name='"bob barker"']Take a coupe diving course's and become a divemaster. Then live and work on any small island, for example malapascua Philippines or any of the other 7000 islands the Philippines has.[/quote]

Fuck yeah

17. alot of the islands mentioned are more like 80 to 90 year round. The Azores are probably close to what OP is looking for (though on the warm side). The Canary Islands are another good choice for him.

18. Mauritius.

The best I've ever personally been to was St. Maarten.

19. #19 L7JDub, Apr 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2012
    Cozumel Mexico
    small as shit and it's got some friendly people

Senior year 2010 Cozumel mexico

Attached Files:

20. Coconut Pete's Pleasure Island.

It's a little place where the sun sleeps late and pours itself a shot of tequila.