Best indoor hydro strains?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by LS1KILR, Mar 21, 2008.

1. I am starting to plan my next grow. Im moving into a new apartment right after I finish harvesting this plant that I have now. The problem im having now is that the plant is extremely too big. The plant is about 5 1/2 foot tall right now and about 3 foot wide. Hopefully it has stopped growing taller. Its started to bud up alot now, but I dont have enough lights for it. Its too big. I have 8 cfl's making about 180 watts and it seems like its still not enough. The plant is from bagseed and I am pretty sure that its an outdoor strain because its so big. Its really hard to handle without stressing it. Its sitting in a bubble bucket and I cant flush the nutes out because I cant move the plant. Its sitting in my closet and it wont fit out of the door anymore. Thats the problem im having now.

I want for my next grow to have about 4 plants in my closet that wont get more than about 3 foot tall. I may be able to switch to MH or HPS by then. They will all be in hydro using organic nutes. I want a strain that has a sweet fruity taste to it. Or even a bubble gum or candy type taste to it. What strains do you recommend?

2. A MH would cause the plant to become bushy instead of lanky. Did you try tying down your current plant? It's late now, but next time you should do so when it gets a few pairs of leaves. LST helps you manage the height/width of the plant. I'm new, but see my post "1st LST (PICS)"

3. well the problem is that my closet isnt that big and I can only grow my plant vertically. It would be way too wide if I had been using LST. I didnt know that MH would make it more bushy though. Thats a good idea. My plant right now is a huge tree and its pretty lanky. Its always been like that though ever since it was a sprout it has been lanky.

4. Small pots will restrict growth, try 1-2 Ltr pots....
    Flower once 4/5 internodes also ok